TheWattsShop
Inspiration Seeker

Etsy keeps messing with my star seller stats

Jump to solution

i feel that the Etsy Star Seller program was a terrible, awful idea. That's coming from a seller who often maintains Star Seller status. It's bad enough how brutally cruel Etsy is with calculating stats ( miss one message and I go down 7%?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) bur Etsy often also decides to mess with stats when there were no issues that would result in slippage. I had this problem recently with my shipping rate dropping when nothing went out late. Customer service helped me very well with that one, but this time they only threw me to this lame board where they claim tech support will find this message and help me...hahahahahaha, I'm not holding my breath. The issue this time is my feedback. It was at a steady 4.9. This month, I thought I would jump up to 5, but, NO. With no new recent neg feedbacks, I went from 4.9 to 4.8. That may not sound like a big deal but one three star review and I'm now dead in the water for the holiday season. Etsy, why did my feedback rate go from 4.9 to 4.8?   

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Re: Etsy keeps messing with my star seller stats

Jump to solution

@TheWattsShop: "Etsy, why did my feedback rate go from 4.9 to 4.8? " If you click on the reviews card on your Star Seller page you can see all of the reviews they are counting and do the math yourself. It is pure calculation based on the total number of reviews and total number of stars.

"( miss one message and I go down 7%?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)" Again, it is a pure mathematical calculation based on the total number of new threads you receive during the period. If you only get two new threads and don't reply to one within 24 hours your percentage is 50% - if you get 100 new threads and don't reply to one within 24 hours your percentage is 99%.

View solution in original post

1 Like

Jump to solution

@TheWattsShop: September star was based on June, July, and August. October 1st star is based on July, August, and September and you have at least two 4-star reviews in July. Your percentage probably changed when June dropped off. The detail data on your Star Seller page will show you exactly how the calculations were made both for current period and previous (September star) period.

View solution in original post

1 Like
4 Replies

Jump to solution

@TheWattsShop: "Etsy, why did my feedback rate go from 4.9 to 4.8? " If you click on the reviews card on your Star Seller page you can see all of the reviews they are counting and do the math yourself. It is pure calculation based on the total number of reviews and total number of stars.

"( miss one message and I go down 7%?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)" Again, it is a pure mathematical calculation based on the total number of new threads you receive during the period. If you only get two new threads and don't reply to one within 24 hours your percentage is 50% - if you get 100 new threads and don't reply to one within 24 hours your percentage is 99%.

1 Like
TheWattsShop
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I was at 4.9 and have no new low feedbacks. There are only 5 star ratings. I was at 4.9 and now for no reason I'm down to 4.8

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@TheWattsShop: September star was based on June, July, and August. October 1st star is based on July, August, and September and you have at least two 4-star reviews in July. Your percentage probably changed when June dropped off. The detail data on your Star Seller page will show you exactly how the calculations were made both for current period and previous (September star) period.

1 Like
MaynardMillinery
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

It dropped to 4.8 when June dropped off. In June, you had all 5 stars, July had 2 x 4 stars mixed in with the 5 stars, and August was all 5 stars.

The good run of 5 stars in a July was propping up your score last month making it 4.9. Once that’s stopped being used in the calculation, your score was recalculated based on the stars you received in July and early August meaning that the 2 x 4 stars had a bigger impact on your score. 
As you haven’t had a review in nearly a whole month there’s not been much to cushion your score with against the 4 star reviews.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.