Etsy is Sick?

Hi All, I have been trying to get a listing up for 2 hours now and Etsy seems like it's got a flu . .  or something! First, after I filled in every detail I got an error that they couldn't complete the process. Ugh. So exited and tried again, this time I kept getting an error that I couldn't enter some symbols into the title---there weren't any I had to shut it down again. Now I am getting the red circle when I try to hit list button.

Is this normal? I am new (obviously) but have listed 20 items with no problem.

Any suggestions?

Happy Q4 to all

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
10 Replies

Re: Etsy is Sick?

Etsy is the most glitchy site I've ever been on.  All you can do is keep trying...or wait awhile and then try again.

4 Likes

Have you tried another browser or device?

3 Likes

Yes, it didn't help. I will try using the old form---if I can find out how.

0 Likes

Sadly there have been a TON of bugs they (Etsy) seemingly either cant fix or don't care enough to address.. Its really sad honestly

8 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

Someone else reported having trouble listing.  Are you using the App? If so, try using a mobile browser or a computer (if you're already doing so, ignore me:)  Are you using the new listing form? If so, you could try switching back to the old form (if you wish).  I switch back every time; in my opinion, the old form is much more streamlined and user friendly.

5 Likes

Thank you so much for your help. I am just using my laptop.

I don't know how to use the old form. Please share

1 Like
MissPussinBoots
Conversation Maker

There should be a blue oval bubble in the upper right corner "switch to old version"

2 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

@MyCustomizedDesignz  I do the same as @MissPussinBoots . When the listing Form comes up it says, "You are using the new listing experience". But there is a Blue Tab next to this which says, "Switch back to the old listing form".  And I click it every time.  The old one is far more user friendly and streamlined in my opinion.

2 Likes

Try rebooting or refreshing.  Clean out cache and cookies.  Try a different browser.  Many times the problem is not Etsy but the ISP used or the condition of the device used.  If utilities have not been cleaned out then you may have too much garbage in the hard drive interfering.  Also if you have too many tabs open or other things running in the background that interferes.

Etsy has been glitchy but I have been able to do listings with minimum issue.   

1 Like
CuriousityShop
Conversation Maker

I don't like the new form SOOOOOO buggy. I use the old listing form all the time.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.