MacoyaHome
Inspiration Seeker

Etsy has put my shop on Vacation Mode

I have been on Etsy for the past 4 years. My shop has always been in good standing.  I am a star seller with 5-star rating and have never shipped an item late. I always ship on time and manage my orders well.  The next order that needs to be shipped must be shipped by October 12...today is Oct 3rd, so I have ample time to get my product out.

For the past week I have been doing a lot of work in my shop, i.e., updating listings, photos, adding new products daily, etc.  I received 3 sales today which brought my total orders to be processed to 11 which is quite manageable. Despite all this, Etsy has put my shop on Forced Vacation Mode with a message to buyers that says "Hello and thanks for visiting! I’m working on fulfilling my current orders right now, but will be back soon."

How can I contact Etsy to have this straightened out please?  I keep searching for how to contact Etsy Support, but that's a never ending circular search that ends up nowhere. I cannot seem to 'chat' either which is how I typically communicate with them.  

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Alison

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
12 Replies
biotic
Post Crafter

Re: Etsy has put my shop on Vacation Mode

So far the only solution seems to be filing a case with etsy.phone line seems to just re-direct to email. Forums don't look good either,as some people have been shut down for weeks.this is really incompetent on etsy's part.im not sure why they're undermining their own $$$.

1 Like
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

@MacoyaHome  Hi Alison, There have been several Sellers who's Shops have been put on Vacation as well. Some stated they didn't receive an email from Etsy. And Etsy put in the same Announcement re: filling orders.
I'm not sure if this is your situation, but here is an Announcement (in Tech. Issues), re: Re-Verifying some Accounts due to the INFORM Act.
https://community.etsy.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Heads-up-Some-sellers-will-need-to-review-their-busin...

I think the best way for you to contact them would be Shop Manager > Community & Help (Left Column) > Contact.  Scroll thru the various menus, then select "I still need help".

I hope this is helpful to you, and that you hear back from Etsy soon.

0 Likes
MacoyaHome
Inspiration Seeker

Thanks so much for your response, but the Shop Manager icon is disabled in my shop.  This is very frustrating.  

I did not receive a notification or email from Etsy. 

0 Likes

@MacoyaHome 
the Shop Manager icon is disabled in my shop

Wow, I haven't heard of that happening before but you can still contact Etsy from any of the customer facing pages. 

Go to Help center on the bottom right, scroll down & select Contact Etsy Support > Selling on Etsy. From there I would select My account is suspended & see if you are able to lodge an appeal.

Best wishes.

1 Like

Sorry this happened to you. Same thing happened to me last week. 
It ended up having nothing to do with the number of orders I had ( same as you, had several new orders in one day, star seller, always ship on time or early, etc.) but rather updating / uploading seller info. On my dashboard it said I had a week to update… they put my shop on vacay that same day. 

Do you have a notice in your shop dashboard to update or confirm your info within a certain date?

Although many sellers have come to the forums in the past week or so that did not  receive any notification, had to file a support ticket and wait it out. 

There are or were many threads with the same issue, but the Etsy moderators shut the threads down. What they should do instead, is fix the the technical issues that many sellers are having that are putting their shops in instant “vacation” … by giving a notice, or email as to why, then a way to fix it. 

oh, and an apology would be nice too… for all the stress this is causing their sellers. 

5 Likes
MacoyaHome
Inspiration Seeker

I dont have any notices in my shop to update anything nor have I receive an email from Etsy.  

I hope this doesn't take long to resolve. I am so upset about this.

0 Likes
biotic
Post Crafter

^this.

I got 15 people checking out my 200$ coats instead of buying them.why? Because Etsy shut down my store right before the shopping season.this is the worst time to stop crafters from selling products.

0 Likes

Hi,

same with me every week 

0 Likes

Just now happened to me tonight as well. Never got an email or shop manager notification.

0 Likes

Have you tried requesting a call back?

https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?segment=selling&fbclid=IwAR3XJULkao3ZPR8XcOEf2A7143n87Xt...

It seems to work mostly for sellers from the United States. When you enter your phone number you may get an error message but sellers have reported it must have logged their number as they received a call back within the hour after the error message so it is worth a try.

2 Likes
TastefulArtisan
Conversation Maker

I had to use the callback function a few weeks ago when my shop went "limited" whatever that means. I wasn't on vacay mode just  "limited".

No idea what that meant other than they had stripped my badges. 

I did a quick search incognito and I was still indexed.

After spending a good hour going in circles for the help desk, I finally found the link and requested a callback.

They called in less than 3 min but I didn't get it because it happened so fast, my phone blocked the call as spam. lol I had to re-do it when I removed the spam block.

Less than 2 min I got the callback. Very helpful gentleman went through everything and said there was no reason and it would be fixed right away. Less than an hour later everything was back to normal.

I had already uploaded my docs months ago knowing the INFORM act would change everything about selling online.

Every time I have had to deal with support I remind myself to check my attitude and be calm, professional and polite.

Thankfully I haven't had a lot of problems that require Etsy's assistance and my first stop when I have an issue is the forums to search and then the seller handbook.

3 Likes
FrameTowne
Conversation Maker

I have a question for those of you who so far have had this happened, what docs exactly are you supposed to upload?  Is it just a matter of updating your CC and payment info?  I have not had this happen yet but in reading these posts am worried about this, would love to head it off at the pass.....

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.