DaisyChainsBaby
Inspiration Seeker

Etsy didn’t charge customer for shipping

I recently filled an order and when I went to print out the address, it told me that the customer hadn’t paid for shipping. I double checked and that listing didn’t have free shipping as an option. I ended up footing the charge anyway since it wasn’t much, but I would like to avoid this happening in the future. Any ideas on how that happened and how I can fix it for future orders?

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
6 Replies

Re: Etsy didn’t charge customer for shipping

When adding a baby hat to my cart, I get the option to add a coupon code.  Do you have a free shipping code enabled?

0 Likes

Was this order for the custom Mickey hat that recently sold? and was that listing created thru a custom order message?   Did you happen to copy or edit a similar listing (for a Mickey hat) that originally had free shipping?  If so, it could have been a glitch that, despite adding shipping to that listing, caused the shipping to revert back to free shipping.

@anybody who uses the custom order request feature -- Weren't there several reported problems when creating custom order requests through messages?  Problems that involved shipping amounts reverting back to whatever shipping profile the seller had for certain listings?

0 Likes
Natalya1905
Conversation Maker

As I see it, all your items (except for 2 paintings) have free shipping. Including $2.50 Baby Mittens.

Is it sustainable for your business? Shipping with tracking is more expensive than the item itself.

2 Likes
nineteen27
Community Maker

you have items as low as $2.50 with free shipping.

you need to fix that.

2 Likes
Hertfordweaver
Conversation Maker

You need to change that shipping profile in order to avoid any more free shipping purchases. You probably ought to honor the one you have but can cancel if you feel you need to.

0 Likes
bradgoodell
Community Maker

As the others have said, your shop shows "Free Shipping" on almost all your listings.  

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.