Etsy diactivated a listing

I received a message from Etsy that a listing has been deactivated because it might be violating the terms of use. 

It is a listing for a candle snuffer, which I assume was removed because of the following:

Etsy prohibits drug paraphernalia, including (but not limited to):

• Cocaine spoons (e.g., "snuff" or "festival" spoons)

The thing is, I've had many candle snuffers in my shop before. This very listing is not new, but has been active for months, so why all of a sudden is it violating the terms of use? And finally, I searched and found many other listings for candle snuffers very much active on Etsy. 

What do I do to resolve this?

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
5 Replies

Re: Etsy diactivated a listing

Check the forum. There are so many sellers having their items deactivated. Etsy's bots  have gone crazy.

1 Like

@VintageFetishCo: As mentioned, the Etsy bots seem to over zealous lately. Without getting into a discussion of what is fair or right or if your listing should be deactivated, the fact that you have been selling something for years only means that the bots have been updated. If there are other shops selling similar items it only means that they have not been caught yet. The bots seem to check when a listing is created, renewed and / or edited.

1 Like

Yes the bot is so open that it is catching too many things it shouldn't but on the other hand we have sellers that try just about anything to circumvent the rules.  Sadly this means listings that are fine get caught and it is xxxx nuisance for the seller.

Your item will be in line with everyone else's to be vetted. 

0 Likes

Ive had vintage hair clips removed.

0 Likes

Oy...

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.