Etsy deposit never showed up on my account, last 2 months...

I just realized That I never Got Etsy deposit show up in my Bank, July and August, I Called my Bank, they say nothing was deposited, that i need to contact Etsy... I checked EVERYTHING, my bank account, my debit card, all is the same. It shows that it was sent to my bank account... I am freaking out, I contact Etsy via chat, they say they will contact me via e-mail... I can't believe this... does anyone went through something like this???

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
15 Replies
Hertfordweaver
Conversation Maker

Re: Etsy deposit never showed up on my account, last 2 months...

Check your Etsy profile account to be sure it didn't get changed somehow. Check to see if you're on reserve. I don't know how to look for that info. Check the finance page for info.

0 Likes

I am not on reserve, it shows that my payment was sent...My account is the same, my card is not expired...my bank told me they received nothing... crazy... Thanks though...

0 Likes

So, I talk to my Bank every day, there is no deposit from Etsy, Etsy is telling me that they made the deposit, but there is no proof that they did, only their word, they are not showing me the transaction number, ACH etc... They sent me the e-mail saying "Your funds are on the way!" it shows in my statement, the account number is correct, my CC is not expired, NOTHING was changed. Still, no money, the contacted me via email saying basically, "we made the deposit, your bank should have it" but still they are not giving me a reference/transaction/ach number or SOMETHING that proof that the deposit was made, just their "word"... anybody going  through something like this?

0 Likes

It will probably be Worldpay, or Stichting custodia, or Ayden doing the transfer, look at previous statements to see, and ask your bank to look to see if there have been any more from them - ask them to check their "suspense account"

0 Likes

this actually happened to me with 2 deposits a few years ago. much back and forth, many many calls to the bank and after 8 months?  i got an email that basically said “oops. we thought we sent you money but we actually didn’t. here’s your deposits.” i’m paraphrasing, obviously, but that was the general idea. so yeah, for anyone who tells you this is impossible?  it’s not…

1 Like

Thank you for sharing, at least you got the money eventually.. I will keep going!

0 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

I don't know if this pertains to you.  Just in case it does. A while ago, some Sellers were not receiving their Deposits due to Etsy incorrectly coding them.  Checking instead of Savings, and vice versa.  I hope this gets settled for you.

0 Likes

Thank you! There is nothing at the moment... I'll keep checking

2 Likes
SugarTaffySoap
Conversation Maker

@JulietaCommissionArt  I don't know if you're allowed to contact Plaid directly. Aren't they our (middleman) transaction transfer payment processor? If Etsy doesn't have your money and the Bank doesn't have your money, then I would think Plaid has something to do with it since they facilitate and process our payments. I would see if you can get a call-back from Etsy Support. They should be able to help you. 

0 Likes

This was me thought process too! But the are not giving me a ACH, or transaction number, all Etsy really gives you is an email telling you that your fund are on the way, that's no reference number, ACH routing number, nothing, and now they are not answering my e-mails or my chat... Thanks for replying!

0 Likes

@SugarTaffySoap 

Plaid are only the account  verifier for USA accounts

they don't do the regular deposits,/payment processing,  it will be worldpay, or ayden, or stichting custodia etc....

1 Like
DragonflyDreams1
Conversation Maker

Etsy should provide you with the number that tracks that deposit so you can bring it to your bank for them to do a trace. You have to reply to the Etsy help email to get a rep that works in the financial section or get them via chat.  If after 90 days, and the deposit is still missing then Etsy will do a trace on the deposit. No guarantee anyone will ever recover the money. I have had a deposit missing since November. Etsy states it made it, bank states it did not. Etsy has no obligation to find the money sadly.

0 Likes

They did not proved me with the number that track the deposit.

I just don't understand why would it take 90 days for them to do the trace. How can a deposit go missing...

1 Like
SugarTaffySoap
Conversation Maker

@CraftyCornishMaids  I only know of Plaid because I had to get a call back from Etsy when my deposits weren't being made (when we first started with Plaid).  Etsy was able to take care of it for me. I didn't know about the others you mention. 

0 Likes

@SugarTaffySoap 

Plaid only did the verification,

they don't do your normal deposits from your sales, hey will be done by other payment processors

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.