DeveloperTesting
Inspiration Seeker

Etsy declining all new API v3 signups?

So I have attempted 20+ times to get approved for the v3 API. Each time it is decline. I change the description each time, I make it as descriptive as I can,  then I simply it, then for kicks I will change the entire reasoning. I am a developer working on seller tools to enhance listings and I am constantly being rejected no matter what sort of description I enter.

I am curious if someone has some insider knowledge on how to get approved or if they're rejecting all applicants for v3. I've been attempting since November, and I've seen on YouTube and a bit on here that others cannot get approved either.

The service offered is 100% free, there's not even a premium plan where a user would be charged. I know most of you are grandfathered in so you probably have no idea the struggle I am going through right now

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
3 Likes
8 Replies

Re: Etsy declining all new API v3 signups?

I have no idea what you are even trying to do. 

But this statement stood out, "The service offered is 100% free, there's not even a premium plan where a user would be charged."

Services are not allowed on Etsy. So if it's a service you're trying to offer, especially at no charge, then I'm not surprised it's not getting approved. 

2 Likes

There one sale was a Budgitech Web Cam, so doubtful it was handmade

1 Like

@SheWhoPlaysWithGlass: It may be a test item for API development (20 cents for a webcam?) as recommended by Etsy  although strictly speaking it does not follow the rules https://www.etsy.com/legal/policy/api-testing-policy/169130941112

1 Like
Amaradorn
Community Maker

Perhaps what you are proposing to do won't work with the API v3? I do know that they are planning to retire the user feedback API so there could be other big changes coming. However, I'm not a coder so I don't know much about how it works.

1 Like
SugarTaffySoap
Conversation Maker

Have you requested a callback from etsy through your shop manager dashboard? > Community & Help > Contact Us. 

0 Likes

0 Likes
MakerParts
Inspiration Seeker

Betreff: Etsy declining all new API v3 signups?

Same here. I'm trying to integrate the order management internally 

0 Likes
UMUZI
Inspiration Seeker

You have to request it from a buyer (non-seller) account. Make sure you provide your developer page.  My developer account was approved at first request.  They denied my seller account many times before finally approving until I explained my separate developer account had already been approved.  

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.