Etsy deactivating items they shouldn't be

I wonder when Etsy bots will stop deactivating items that are legitimate in every way! I just made a Pendulum myself, my own design and Etsy deactivated it. I put quite a bit of thought, time and materials into it. It is really not fair. I wonder how to protest this and get the whole situation under control. There are many sellers complaining about this in the forums.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
4 Replies

Re: Etsy deactivating items they shouldn't be

@DreamyTimesShop: It is hard to speculate on why a particular listing was deactivated, but Etsy is cracking down on what they feel inappropriate.At least some of the items in your shop you have listed as handmade would appear at first glance to be items which you are reselling and that may make the bot more "sensitive" if it finds some triggers in a different listing.

Copyright and trademark infringements is a large factor, but it also seems that the bots are looking for trigger words with no consideration for context. Just as an example that may or may not apply to you, if you say an item is ivory colored the listing may get flagged because ivory is not allowed to be sold on Etsy. Since Etsy is now also factoring descriptions in search, they along with titles, tags, and materials (and possibly even alt tags if you are using them) are all probably being checked. And the bots are also "reading" images.

0 Likes

If the word Witch is copyrighted then there you have it. But I really don't believe it is. I requested an email but wondered how to get phone support as I cannot find any info on that.

0 Likes
OrWaDesigns
Conversation Maker

I had a listing deactivated due to being drugs. It was just a resin fake cocktail decor piece but later that day it was active again

0 Likes

I think mine disappeared right after I created the listing. Thought I was going crazy looking for it and then created another just like it. ooops. I just figured out it was deactivated today.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.