Hello,

I am a new seller on Etsy. I have received 4 orders so far and all of them were cancelled by Etsy and today Etsy closed my account without sending an e-mail or without giving any information. Should I submit an appeal? Even If i submit an appeal I do know what to defend because I do not know why Etsy closed my shop. Can you guys help me with this?

Thanks

Re: Etsy closed my account without giving information

On Etsy, you can see a lot of items that are illegal to sell and you may wonder why they are not caught. Probably because some brands fall under vintage (like it's not OK to sell, let's say new gift cards with Mikey Mouse printed on them, but it might be absolutely ok to sell 20+y.o. t-shirts with Mikey Mouse print. So bots may not detect gift cards, as it would be unfair to take down vintage item). Etsy leaves lots of brands to monitor it for themselves and file reports and then Etsy steps in.

I THINK Etsy monitors brand-new shops far more than those which are here for longer periods of time and actually do let bots do their job here. They step in much quicker and solve it themselves. It still does suck people don't get notifications on why they are shut down.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes

Yes, but old sellers should set an example for new sellers. I should have done better research, I admit. But if 500 sellers sell a prohibited product and only the new seller's store is closed, there is an injustice here.

0 Likes

@BeeMeeGift  i agree with you, If Etsy cannot be bothered to sort the site out and get rid of all the infringers or resellers its really confusing for the new sellers out there, i am guessing that another shop who is maybe infringing probably reported your shop, and yes i agree its not fair if it was just the one listing that got you shut down and also think if that is the case then sellers should at least have a warning to tell them to take it down, did you ever hear anything from Etsy of possible infringing?

0 Likes

@daisysjewellerygifts Etsy never texted me or sent me an e-mail. Etsy didn't give me any explanation. Before my store closed, he sent an e-mail saying that you need to renew your account password, and then my account was closed for a reason I don't know why. I want to explain this. I came to Etsy to make money and I want to do it legally. I want to sell for years without breaking the rules in any way. I should have done my research better, I admit.

1 Like

Thats a bit worrying that Etsy sent you an Email  regarding your password, there might be more to it than what you were selling, did you change your password and then you got closed down?

0 Likes

@daisysjewellerygifts I changed my password and logged in my account but there was only buyer account. no selling account anymore. I opened my shop 1.5 month ago and I have received 4 orders so far and all of them were cancelled by Etsy I do not know why. I asked Etsy the reason and Etsy told me that the orders been cancelled because might be potential fraud. I did not understand that either.

0 Likes

i think you need to speak to them if your able to for them to explain what has happened.

0 Likes

what did you sell in those 4 orders.

0 Likes

@daisysjewellerygifts  there were 4 magnets, 1 woodphoto and 1 spotify plaque

0 Likes

ok so you need to chat to them and see if you can get your shop back or atleast start a new one, good luck.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.