Etsy cancelled the order and issued refund as they detected it was an unauthorised purchase

Hi, 

I’ve tried already to ask, but my post always disappears somehow that I cannot fond it.

today I received an email from etsy that they cancelled and refunded order from this morning as they detected it was an unauthorised purchase. They sent a message to the buyer too of course, they said. And if the buyer is genuine she can always come back to my shop and purchase it again! 
Well if they could be bothered again maybe they could but they can’t as the listing is in sold items and I cannot renew it unless I pay the listing fee. AGAIN!

but why should I do it? Etsy moved it to sold items, then cancelled the order so they should move it back no?

I know it’s silly 0.20$ but still, there was nothing I did wrong so why should I pay to move it?

Has it happened to anyone?

thanks 

pavlina

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
5 Replies
CanningCrafts
Conversation Maker

Re: Etsy cancelled the order and issued refund as they detected it was an unauthorised purchase

If an order is canceled, you should get your listing fees back. Check your payment account for the credit.

3 Likes

Re: Etsy cancelled the order and issued refund as they detected it was an unauthorised purchase

@BlueberryPottery: Yes they should be putting the item back into active on their own when the order is cancelled for payment failure, but many things do not seem to be working lately or are taking a very long time. It may be the fact that the order got through enough of the process that you were even notified may have something to do with it. However, check your Payments page to see if they credited you the listing fee.

2 Likes

Yes, thank you. I went back to my account and they refunded the fees too. I agree it somehow seems there are plenty problems lately..

0 Likes

@BlueberryPottery 

To find your prior posts/threads just click your avatar up top right then 'my profile'. Your threads will be listed there.

I see 3 other posts from you like this within the last 6 or so hours. They all appear to have been posted in a team perhaps but not 100% sure as the location it's showing isn't familiar to me as I don't use teams.  It looks like it's both an etsy team and the etsy success forum here which is weird since the etsy success forum is a locked moderated forum. That could be why you can't find them here in the forums. 

https://community.etsy.com/t5/Etsy-Success/Etsy-cancelled-and-refunded-an-order-claiming-it-was-an/m...

https://community.etsy.com/t5/Etsy-Success/Etsy-cancelled-order-because-of-an-unauthorised-purchase/...

https://community.etsy.com/t5/Etsy-Success/Etsy-cancelled-an-order-becuse-of-an-unauthorised-purchas...

1 Like

Thank you!  That’s very helpful

2 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.