Etsy ads not working

Hi all, is anyone having any ad issues today? I’m not a new store, and I advertised up until yesterday when I turned them off and did a bit of rearranging of what I wanted to advertise going forward. I turned them back on this evening and it’s been about an hour and it still hasn’t started showing the ads for me yet. Is that normal? I seem to recall when I’ve turned them on before it was a matter of minutes before i started to have ad views. 

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
5 Likes
28 Replies

Re: Etsy ads not working

Ads is not working for me either. I went to turn my Ads off moments ago, and found that during the time I had my ads turned on, it showed zero $ spent in ad spending, which of course never happens. It means there is some kind of glitch in the system. 

Either my items were not being advertised even though I had ads turned on OR my items were being advertised and the cost spent is not showing up due to an error.

I hope it is fixed soon!

1 Like

I almost started a post as well.   I turned them on this evening and I normally start seeing the views add up but it started at 4 and stayed there all evening so there is definitely a glitch

1 Like

Whoa, I thought it seemed slow today. Only 4 ad clicks for me too!

2 Likes
TheGlitterBakery
Inspiration Seeker

Not working for me either, I noticed this yesterday as well. It shows no ad views at all and I have about 20 listings advertised. There is def a glitch in the system, AGAIN... 

1 Like

Thank you, are your listings showing again yet? Mine started showing a handful of views but the views are all on one listing out of the 37 I have advertised. So this glitch is still ongoing I think.

0 Likes

Yesterday I spent like $1.50 in ads with only 4 ad views by dinnertime. Today at 930am I'm already at 46 ad clicks and over $18 spent in ads. So I think they are back up. But I really hate how now instead of saying your shop name, it just says "AD BY ETSY SELLER"....I feel like this takes away from the point of giving our shops more visibility.

0 Likes
NatureGiftsCo
Inspiration Seeker

My ads are not working too! :(((( I noticed it just now! Yesterday everything was working fine :((((

0 Likes

Can i ask something? I have no sales yet but i started to sell on September and since the day one i am advertising my items. When i add a new listing, my ad views is like 400 but only for 1 day and one or 2 clicks. Then it goes down to 20 from 300 ad views. Is this normal?

0 Likes

And for today, 40 ad views for 10 listings. But it's my usual view number. 

0 Likes

Adding new items always bumps you up in search temporarily. Add new items as often as you can to take advantage of this.

1 Like

2nd day for me ads not working. 

0 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

Etsy was down earlier today.  But people are having trouble.  There are various threads where they cannot view their own Shops (I've checked quite a few of them.  I can see their Shops and items; desktop computer, Chrome, Windows 10; Ad Blocker OFF).  Also clear cache/cookies, etc.

From what others have said; once they turn Ad Blocker Off, they can now view their Shops and items.  So I don't know if this is residual from Etsy being down earlier.  Another Seller reported it to Ad Blocker Plus.  But Etsy should be addressing this.  Buyers are out there with a variety of devices, browsers, etc.  They will not know about this issue.

The Ads not working may have some type of correlation.  I'm really sorry you guys are going through this.  But try clearing cache/cookies.  And turn off your Ad Blocker.  See if that doesn't help.

0 Likes

Update: Ads have started back up but  views only for 6 of the 37 listings I am advertising. One of those listings has 82% of the total views. So it’s still pretty wonky. 

0 Likes

I was also starting to wonder. My budget is over $100 and when less than $50 is spent for a day I know something is up. Still pretty slow though here again today. 

0 Likes

So the other day, it showed me at $1.50 in ads, with only 4 clicks. The next day was back up to close to normal but when I looked at ad stats and clicked on "yesterday" (the day that was $1.50), all of a sudden it showed over $100 in ad money spent and way more clicks. Like they went in ad adjusted it way after the fact. My actual sales dollars were good, so maybe ads weren't down so much as our dashboards weren't updating correctly?

0 Likes

Mine were working fine yesterday. I turned them off at the end of the day and turned them back on a couple of hours ago but I'm still sitting at 0 ad views for today.

0 Likes
BoardGeekFox
Inspiration Seeker

Is the problem finally solved? And how long was it?
It's been a week for me since I have 0 views ...

0 Likes

I just checked mine and they still are at 0, this is the third day in a row, they used to add up quickly every single time I turned them all.   I guess Etsy knows about this?  Maybe I will fill out the survey on the ad page

1 Like

This may be some of the problem with a Etsy update coding issue https://community.etsy.com/t5/Technical-Issues/RESOLVING-Listings-not-appearing-for-members-using-ad...

You have to realise also some people pay to have ads blocked and not shown to them as the do not like the continuous repeat intrusion of them.

2 Likes

But you can’t pay to have the Etsy ads on the Etsy website blocked correct?.  @Crafty crafts corners.    How does that apply to Etsy on-site ads?   

0 Likes

thank you, interesting, that this would occur with in house Etsy ads.

0 Likes

Im still not getting any views or clicks from the promoted listings, I just sent an email to Etsy, lets see if they reply...

0 Likes

Same here, It still is not giving any views or visits when I turn them on.  I sent them a couple of emails through the feedback system.

0 Likes

Yes good idea I try to do that

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.