Etsy, Why the Shipping Change on the Dashboard?

Etsy... I hope you see this post... I'm not understanding why in our pending orders on our dashboard that it is now showing the following:

Ship starting Feb 13

Last day to ship on time: Feb 15

This is so confusing for sellers

The old way of showing the following:

SHIP by FEB 15 was VERY HELPFUL and was great in making sure that orders were shipped in a timely manner... 

Please go back to the previous tried and true helpful way of assisting sellers in getting orders out ON TIME

Thanks!

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
8 Likes
7 Replies

Re: Etsy, Why the Shipping Change on the Dashboard?

ON my orders some are marked one way and some the other--now THAT especially does not make sense!  At least have them all marked the same. This seems so willy nilly!

2 Likes

agree

the old way was simple and straightforward.

please stop fixing things that aren't broken.

Please fix the things that are broken (like search), the phone app, the new listing form (oh - you could just dump it since the old form already works)

13 Likes

Oh, wow.  This change is terrible.

I just checked my orders to confirm my schedule for the next week.  It is a mess.  What a distracting and disorganized way to list the ship date deadline.

3 Likes
timelapse
Conversation Maker

Another example of fixing something by making it worse...saw it today, do NOT like it. The more you add on to it, the more chance there is of confusing sellers, especially newbies. 

(You'd think after 14 years here I would be used to this, but it still annoys me every time!)

0 Likes
OneEyeCatStudio
Conversation Maker

If it's less clear while using more words, then maybe they're experimenting with having AI write these things.

1 Like
VogueVixens
Community Maker

What I have never liked is that if you had an order that had a shipping Deadline that was TODAY, that it did not show up on the dashboard, unlike the orders that were "dispatch within a week" and "dispatch within a day".

0 Likes

Some of my orders show (for example) : 

*ship by Feb 21st

*ship Feb 19-21  (not sure why there are showing a range as the ship by (date) is straightforward.  

Also I have received two orders today that have five day shipping set and both orders according to the invoices are due to ship on the 22nd.  Unless I've totally forgotten how to count and Etsy has been doing it wrong for the last 10 years they SHOULD ship out on 2/21???

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.