BeezHiveLLC
Inspiration Seeker

Etsy Seller Support

How do you get someone at Etsy to actually help you and support you as a seller ?

On August 1, 2022, I had five listings that were NOT deactivated, but they are not allowed to ship to the USA.  I live in the USA.  I finally got an answer, from support that my listings were classified as “plants or seeds” and can no longer ship to USA.  I sell felt ball garlands - so I am guessing that an “Etsy bot” did this.  I have called, done online chat, and have sent numerous emails to Etsy support.  I even tried @Etsy on Twitter.

They tell me that my case is still active and to be patient - how long should it take ? This is the 46th day since I first contacted them. It is so frustrating and disheartening.  I just want someone to help me get my listings to ship to the USA again !

Can’t someone help me ?  It seems like a quick look at my shop would tell you that I don’t sell plants or seeds.

is there a trick I should know about ?

Any help/advice appreciated.

Thanks !

”B”

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
9 Replies

Re: Etsy Seller Support

@BeezHiveLLC  :  DO NOT open a new issue or contact Etsy multiple times about the same issue (doing so closes the one you already opened and puts the new one on the bottom of the pile). Every eMail from Etsy support will have a link something like "I Still Need Help". Click on that link (or actually reply stating that you still need help) to keep the report alive. You may have to do this innumerable times - but once on each Etsy reply - before anything is done but do not give up.

1 Like
BeezHiveLLC
Inspiration Seeker

Thank you for your response !

Every time I call or do a chat, I give them my case number and they tell me it is still active, they are experiencing a higher number of support cases.  I’ve been told my case has been escalated, marked priority and to wait for an email.  It just seems to me that 46 days is a long time to wait for a response.  Especially when it is clear this was a mistake on Etsy’s  part, which is directly affecting my income.

Just losing faith in Etsy’s seller support.
0 Likes
TBQSC
Community Maker

I am sorry you are having difficulty and I hope it gets fixed soon.  Which items, specifically, are you seeing problems with?  I love your "difficult relatives" wine bottle bag ... made me LOL, and it ships to USA.

0 Likes
BeezHiveLLC
Inspiration Seeker

I think everyone needs one of those wine bags for Thanksgiving !
The listing is a Halloweengarland.  The felt balls are in a wooden bowl.  It is traditionalOrange, black and white with dots and swirls.  It is called Spooky Halloween.  
thank you for responding !

0 Likes
UppNorthCo
Community Maker

I just put Spooky Halloween garland in my cart and it worked.  Could it be fixed?

0 Likes
BeezHiveLLC
Inspiration Seeker

was it the listing with the balls in the wooden bowl ?

I did create another listing with the garland on a white can

0 Likes

The balls in wooden bowl listing is also unavailable in my area (NY). But I wanted to say that your shop is fantastic!

0 Likes

Unless you have a really basic question, I find support to be the worst of any place or company that I deal with. I would love to send an email directly to Etsy regarding the issues I have experienced but of course no matter what route you try to take you end up back at support. It's like if you wanted to complain about your boss, you are told to see your boss. LOL If it wasn't so tragic it would be funny.

0 Likes

I have been waiting a few months now. Etsy deactivated at least 50 legal listings, not on any lists they are banning. They don't help sellers. We are stuck or have to leave. I have written a minimum of 12 times and no real help.

They no longer care about helping out stores. Apparently they have more than enough sellers and sales. Although, their stock is down. 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.