Etsy Search broken

Anyone else noticed a sudden drop in traffic and sales? I tested search on a few computers for reliable terms I recognise to see what was going on and I'm getting very strange results, everything is £200+ or has hardly any sales. Can no longer see my bestsellers (or anyone else's) or any of the items I recognise from testing search regularly. Mother's Day in the UK should be super busy but the common search terms are bringing up £500 jewellery and super expensive gift hampers. Anyone else?

Fix this please Etsy!!!

Laura 

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
7 Replies

Re: Etsy Search broken

I noticed the same thing for board games! I have multiple bestsellers always on page 1 and now they’re no where to be found in search or any other bestsellers or the “normal” listings I always see! 

0 Likes

Search has been broken for what feels like ages.... we'll never know when or if it gets fixed due to the various other projects they are working on that are also affecting our sales and stats (gift mode being a huge issue). All you can do now until things settle down, is drive your own traffic and not put all of your eggs in this basket.

1 Like

I agree, my sales are down by 60% and gift mode is rubbish… particularly if, like me, you have a unique sale proposition… the old search is not great either, anything we can do to complain? 

0 Likes

Which common search terms? It's possibly you are seeing an Etsy test. They may be doing more localization testing, given you are in a localized country, for example. 

"...from testing search regularly" - if you are checking the same terms daily, you run the risk of having your items frequency capped. I'd suggest doing that less often. 

1 Like

I agree. The new ‘gift mode’ search they are pushing on buyers (I buy and sell on Etsy) is very limited and confusing, particularly on a phone. Etsy should give up about this gift mode search as I am sure it is putting people off (I gave up after a while!). The old search is very bad too, I tried for a present I was looking for and no matter how many words I added (in the usual buyer search word trip) I got the same results… the same pages, over and over… my sales are down by 60% from last year and I think we need an avenue to complain about both searches…

0 Likes
Hertfordweaver
Conversation Maker

I noticed the gift mode and sale events are defaulting to Etsy Picks and I have to {x} it out in order to see other listings. Are those picks picked by Etsy's AI trolls? I know my shop doesn't have any. They've also removed some of the search filters making it even harder to find what I'm looking for. Yes search is still broken and looks like it will never be fixed.

0 Likes

Now that they have gone globally with "gift mode" sales have decreased everywhere. The best part is you can not comment on main announcement page. What are they worried about? The truth they messed up big time??? 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.