I've informed Etsy via chat about this, but in case it needs to be noted here too, Etsy's Royal Mail labels aren't scanning for some reason when I take the items to the post office. It appears to be only overseas labels so far.

Others seem to be having the same experience.

GiftKraftUK
Inspiration Seeker

Re: Etsy Royal Mail labels scanning issues

Jump to solution

For me none of the international standards work. The post office guys say that it is same of everyone that is coming in with international. RM blaming post office and post office blaming RM. It does not matter for me if I do them via Etsy or via C&D, same problem. They scan ok at RM sorting center, but that is like 7/8 miles from me. The whole thing is a mess. On advice from people from this group, I ask the post office guys to give me manual proof of purchase or drop em to sorting centre. Without proof of postage I can't recover from RM so been doing to leg work when needed. 

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like

Jump to solution

I have the same problem with Royal Mail prepaid labels not scanning properly, but only for Australia and New Zealand!

The UK and everywhere else abroad scans absolutely fine, but I have had two Australia and one New Zealand label not be recognised at two different post offices in the last two weeks.  As @GiftKraftUK says, the numbers aren't being recognised and I am only able to get a stamped manual proof of postage as the normal receipts won't print, as the labels are coming up as invalid.

Really frustrating.

1 Like

Jump to solution

We've had this issue for months now, just the international ones and i just ask them to put it through manually. Lady who works in my post office says she has flagged it up but nothing seems to get done. Its only the Etsy ones that don't scan.

1 Like

Jump to solution

Still having this issue. Lost Star Seller because only UK sales are showing "tracking".

An easy solution to this really Etsy would be stop requiring faux tracking numbers for star seller... It's not even real tracking. Why lie to customers? It doesn't help anyone.

1 Like

Jump to solution

Hello there,

We have checked directly with our contacts at Royal Mail, and we have been told that the issue is on the level of the local post office. We are told that "these items should have been accepted and are advising the branch to follow the agreed process for Royal Mail Online items." In light of this information, you may first try informing your local post office of this information from Royal Mail. If you can't get your post office to accept the package, we advise requesting refunds for any shipping labels that were not able to be scanned or used, and shipping these via other means, to ensure they arrive to the buyer as expected.

If you have continuous issues with your local post office accepting packages, please gather information about your branch such as: The address, plus any representatives you spoke with if known. Please do try the approach of convincing the branch to accept your package first, because it will be a quick resolution to this issue if you're successful. However, we are able to gather and forward information about post offices to Royal Mail, so that remains another option. 

Thank you very much!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

This is definitely a fault with the Royal Mail system. Has been going on for quite some time now, months. Have had same issue at several post offices. Have had to use different post offices lately owing to closures and staff illness and my own local one not been open. Tried a totally different Post Office today and again the Royal Mail international Large Letter items will not scan, parcels are fine. This is definitely not just a local issue, its a glitch on the Royal Mail system that they really need to sort out.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.