Etsy Royal Mail labels scanning issues

Jump to solution

I've informed Etsy via chat about this, but in case it needs to be noted here too, Etsy's Royal Mail labels aren't scanning for some reason when I take the items to the post office. It appears to be only overseas labels so far.

Others seem to be having the same experience.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
5 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Etsy Royal Mail labels scanning issues

Jump to solution

Hello there,

We have checked directly with our contacts at Royal Mail, and we have been told that the issue is on the level of the local post office. We are told that "these items should have been accepted and are advising the branch to follow the agreed process for Royal Mail Online items." In light of this information, you may first try informing your local post office of this information from Royal Mail. If you can't get your post office to accept the package, we advise requesting refunds for any shipping labels that were not able to be scanned or used, and shipping these via other means, to ensure they arrive to the buyer as expected.

If you have continuous issues with your local post office accepting packages, please gather information about your branch such as: The address, plus any representatives you spoke with if known. Please do try the approach of convincing the branch to accept your package first, because it will be a quick resolution to this issue if you're successful. However, we are able to gather and forward information about post offices to Royal Mail, so that remains another option. 

Thank you very much!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
30 Replies

Jump to solution

There are other posts about this,

I don't use etsy labels, I use click and drop, and they are fine.

Royal mail did an update the other night, and etsy always seems to have a glitch after an update, they just don't seem to be able to sync properly

1 Like

Jump to solution

@CraftyCornishMaids  Hi, yes, I'm aware there are other posts about this (some of them are from me) but they're on a thread which refers to UK-USA packages only, whereas I've had the same scanning problem posting to Eire.

What do you do about entering a tracking number for non-tracked items when you use Click and Drop?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I use tracked - the USA customers don't seem to mind paying it

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@CraftyCornishMaidsI'm glad that Click and Drop works well for you, but their postage labels are of no use to those of us whose customers don't request tracking.

0 Likes
Arcalliq
Community Maker

Jump to solution

confused. So how is Etsy label without tracking different from Click and Drop label without tracking?

Other than the d...n Star seller it makes no difference.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Click and drop works : -)

1 Like
Arcalliq
Community Maker

Jump to solution

@CraftyCornishMaids  haha!

I agree. Abandoned etsy label ages ago with no regrets!

1 Like

Jump to solution

@CraftyCornishMaids I'm interested to know what benefits you see to tracking, compared to a proof of postage from the post office, other than the ability to access updates on the progress of the item?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I find I was spending a lot of time with USA and Canadian customers, on non-tracked items, with questions about where they were etc,
so when I re-opened after covid, I decided my time was worth it, for no questions, so I don't give the option, they are tracked.

I also find, they are MUCH quicker, my last one to Canada, last week, was post office to door in 6 days.

3 Likes
Arcalliq
Community Maker

Jump to solution

All my international orders are sent out with tracking. Sooooo much less headache.

Also, if something goes wrong, compensation rate is higher.

2 Likes
23CraftyStreet
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@IceMaidens  I use Etsy labels and only scan tracked ones, the rest goes into the post box (my PO has always massive queues, it saves me time). If anything gets lost (it happened only a couple times) I file a claim on RM website and as proof of posting I upload screenshot from order (there’s all info with label ID), that’s enough for Royal Mail, I got my cheque every time for item value (up to £20) and postage.

3 Likes

Jump to solution

Every time I’ve tried to claim with Royal Mail all they have done is send me stamps to the value of the postage they charged me for the lost item

0 Likes

Jump to solution

If you have a business account, and tick to say you are claiming as a business, that's what happens, because people who apply for a business account - get cheaper postage, and more options.

You have to tick it's a personal account - unless you really do have a business account, with a royal mail business account manager, and get the sacks sent to you, which you have to bundle and take with a manifest to the post office.

.... so it has to be ticked as personal, you need to upload a scan of the proof of postage, and you need to upload the order receipt from etsy

0 Likes
23CraftyStreet
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@framedheroesgifts , like @CraftyCornishMaids said, I don’t tick that I’m business (I don’t have RM business account). 

1 Like

Jump to solution

@CraftyCornishMaids  Click and Drop didn't work today. Post office had to enter the details of my Click and Drop label manually. They said they've had quite a few customers today with the same issue.

1 Like

Jump to solution

@IceMaidens 

Mine were OK today, but all mine were UK

1 Like
Arcalliq
Community Maker

Jump to solution

My Click and Drop labels were fine today- US and Canada

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@23CraftyStreet  I've had very few lost items too, and before Covid, I did the same as you - just dropped my orders (which are always Large Letters) into the postbox which is right outside my house. But because of the impact Covid had on postal systems, I got into the habit of taking everything to the post office for a POP. If anything got lost/delayed, I'd make a claim with Royal Mail with my POP and a copy of the order and would be reimbursed for the sales value + postage, up to £20, which was always fine). I didn't realise that Royal Mail accepts a screenshot of the order with the postage label details as POP. That's really good to know for future reference and thank you!

1 Like
23CraftyStreet
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I didn’t know it either, but I thought that if they can refund unused shipping label, that means they somehow track those untracked  label ID numbers, so I tried with claim and got a cheque within 3 days.  Last week I spent 30 minutes in a queue with tracked order at my PO.
 I usually give tracked ones to my husband and he takes it to our Delivery Office (he works nearby and drops them after work without any queues, they scan it straight away but don’t give proof of posting, but it’s in their system so no need for it).

1 Like

Jump to solution

Yes II had issues today and yesterday with Royal Mail labels bought through Etsy. The ladies said that the barcode wasn't scanning correctly and it was appearing on the system as though I had to pay again. They managed to get them through by putting them as Franked, but it meant they had to enter all of the address again manually

1 Like

Jump to solution

forgot to mention, it was only on International orders

0 Likes
Former_Member
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Having same problem with only Etsy international postage. Etsy advice to purchase for the main royal mail site. :S. My local post has accepted them but imputed the UB reference. However advice me to beware that due to the issue maybe surcharges for customers to collect the item.

The issue started on the 28 of June 22.

1 Like

Jump to solution

This issue is driving me nuts, I like the convenience of using Etsy labels, I have contacted Etsy a few times about it but just get fobbed off, they have even tried blaming the post office I use, is there a easy way of transferring the postal details to click and drop

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@framedheroesgifts is there a easy way of transferring the postal details to click and drop

it will automatically pull your orders.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.