ItsyurDestiny
Inspiration Seeker

Etsy Personalization section keeps getting overrided.

Jump to solution

I've fixed this probblm time and time again. Made it optional becase not every option needs a personalization, added text to my photos to inform buyers, and finaly made it required so buyers are forced to read the desciption details and STILL people can not follow instructions. I don't know how people are overriding the personalization when it is required in every listing have. How do I fix this issue? 

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Etsy Personalization section keeps getting overrided.

Jump to solution

I tried to override your personalisation but it says it must be filled in.  If I put a period in, it will let me proceed so maybe people are putting in a space or something else?

I think it is rather confusing anyway and I had no idea what you were talking about in your personalisation blurb.  The listing I looked at was graduation confetti.  I think you want people to tell you if they want Congrats or Grad.  If so, then you should make variations headed Congrats and Grad and people simply select the one they want. If you make it difficult you will have difficulties. 

How to Add Variations for Your Listings – Etsy

View solution in original post

3 Likes
2 Replies

Jump to solution

I tried to override your personalisation but it says it must be filled in.  If I put a period in, it will let me proceed so maybe people are putting in a space or something else?

I think it is rather confusing anyway and I had no idea what you were talking about in your personalisation blurb.  The listing I looked at was graduation confetti.  I think you want people to tell you if they want Congrats or Grad.  If so, then you should make variations headed Congrats and Grad and people simply select the one they want. If you make it difficult you will have difficulties. 

How to Add Variations for Your Listings – Etsy

3 Likes

Jump to solution

I agree that your options are very confusing.  Instead do:  Assortment (as pictured), All Congrats, All Grad.  Or whatever the individual items in the assortment are.

Edited to add:  You may want to read up on IP infringement.

https://www.etsy.com/seller-handbook/article/the-ultimate-guide-to-intellectual/22398703823

https://www.etsy.com/legal/ip

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.