Etsy Chat -Can not end and close a previous chat

Etsy, I hope someone from Etsy reads this!  I am trying to "Chat" with an agent.  When I hit the "chat icon" my previous old chat come up.  There is NO WAY to close this chat and start a new one.  I tried typing in my new issue, but no one responds.  I am writing this after waiting 30 minutes.  This is supposed to be an added benefit when you (pay) select for the upgraded banner.  I need to be able to chat with Etsy about making a shipping profile - because this also seems to have a bug in it!

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
5 Replies

Re: Etsy Chat -Can not end and close a previous chat

This has happened to me. Do you have the callback feature? I used it, got a callback, explained that the chat was "stuck" and somehow they got it unstuck after the call. However, it took a call to fix it. 

In case you don't have it, here it is (I have heard this doesn't work outside the US though):

Submit a request – Etsy Help

1 Like
TheHomespunLoft
Conversation Maker

@WorldsSweetestSigns 

That happens to me all the time.. I just ignore the older one and start typing for the new problem and that older ones fades away.. If I pull up chat right now-- my last chat session shows up.. And if I had to ask another question-- I would ignore it and start again with new questions-- this has been that way for months now.. chat works fine for me-- but the old one is there when I start a new session.

0 Likes

You need to type in your name and email and that seems to fix the issue. That is what I had to do today to get system to start fresh.

0 Likes

Either try what Curious Apothecary suggests or log in with a different browser and it will not have a history of that chat.

0 Likes

My previous chats were not closed and can still see them.  The last time I tried, just typed in my message ( thought was not enabled) but to my surprise, it worked.  Have to watch the 3 minutes chat intervals; otherwise, session would end. 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.