Etsy App horrendous

Etsy app has been seriously delayed for the past week, only updating once per day.  Now, it has removed all of the News & Activity with a message:  “Your’re all caught up” - yes, spelled that way - and directing me to go to the Seller Handbook.

Um, what?!

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
19 Likes
27 Replies

Re: Etsy App horrendous

Exactly the same thing happening on my Etsy App also.

Appears that we are not the only ones either:

https://community.etsy.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Activity-feed-is-not-updating-on-Computer-or-App/m-p/...

1 Like

Have either of you heard from Etsy about this?  I requested help this morning but no response as of yet.

0 Likes

No, nothing.  I keep t reporting it and they haven’t addressed it at all.

1 Like

I spoke to an Etsy customer service adviser who emailed me a list of things to try including uninstalling and reinstalling the app and deleting the data cache on my phone for the Etsy app. Sadly none of these steps worked. 

3 Likes

Oddly, service returned to the 'News & Activity' tab on my App very briefly this morning, but then disappeared again shortly after, leaving the same strange "Your're all caught up" message which I have had for the last two days.

It is obviously not a problem with the App itself. I can only imagine that there is an issue with one of Etsy's computer servers. 

2 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

@EmmasHeritage  Hi, I just posted the following on another Thread; Sellers having the same issue.

I don't use the App, but have heard the Seller App is very glitchy.  And that it is best to use the Buyer App, mobile browser or computer.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes

I only keep it for the cha- ching sale notifications. Otherwise I would delete it because as an iPad user, it’s just not effective for me….no landscape mode, no info on people who favor items, glitchy adding photos, etc.. Even on my phone, I use Etsy.com, not the app. If Etsy added the cha-ching to the .com, it would simply have saved them some money on development of a very flawed and useless app.

17 Likes

I also want to add that it doesn’t seem to integrate with Etsy.com. If I have a sale, the number “1” stays on the app icon until I physically go in and refresh…and even then “1” sticks more times than not. I also have to clear it on my phone. Same with messages. That blasted “1” just will not go away without repeated app refreshes. The old app automatically updated/adjusted when I purchased the label or when I responded to a message in my browser. This is a PITA because I have to clear it in three separate places.

5 Likes

My cha-chinger doesn't even work any more.

2 Likes

Same here, although I also only use it for notifications of orders and messages.

3 Likes

I posted about this very same problem earlier today and have checked often to see if there was a fix, still the same.  Despite what some are posting, the app is a very valuable tool and has always been dependable.  It seems like this glitch may be related to a recent update and hopefully is realized and fixed soon.  Another phone is not having the same issue and that phone has not done the recent app update.  So that’s why I think it’s an update issue.  Probably a patch in the works.  

1 Like

I posted about it a few days ago. Still ongoing situation.. 

1 Like
nineteen27
Community Maker

etsy has never had an app that worked correctly.

and instead of improving the app.

the new version is actually worse.

i just use it for the cha-ching.

13 Likes

Yes I can’t see the news activity feed .. new update issue from revised app 2 days ago 

1 Like

There are reports here all the time about how bad the app is, it's bee ongoing for a few years

The best things has always been to use a browser

5 Likes

I was using the app quite a bit, but losing motivation to use it now it doesn't update. I have gone back to pretty much just using my laptop through a browser... still have the app the same as other people as I love the cha ching sound, although not hearing it quite as often lately...

1 Like

I deleted the new app immediately after I saw how inaccurate and glitchy it was.  The old version was SO MUCH better, so of course Etsy had to discontinue that one.  I now only use Etsy.com on all my devices.  

4 Likes

I thought the app was the issue too, but the thing is that I help another Etsy seller maintain her shop and I can toggle between her shop and my own on the Etsy app (i use I-phone) and her activity feed is totally fine using the app on my phone while mine just shows that weird message of "your're all caught up" with the weird spelling error.  Why would her shop activity feed work and mine doesn't if it was an app issue?  

2 Likes
nineteen27
Community Maker

Your’re <--- that misspelled word on the app...

is making me a little bit crazy.

grrr.

4 Likes

I think the new app works fine. It took some getting used to from the old one but I use it every day, dozens of times a day, I upload videos, 100+  photos per month - last night I updated a price on a listing, message with customers, etc. It uploads and notifies timely. 

I use a laptop for most of my listings - I like a traditional keyboard and mouse (yes I am old) - but the app works fine for most quick edits. 

There are glitches here and there - when I edit photos, sometimes it hangs for a bit and says something like "could not upload this photo", but that's the exception, not the rule. 

There are lots of areas where Etsy needs to improve, I could talk anyone's ear off about that, but the app is not one of them. 

I also don't see "Your're", I see "You're All Caught Up"

2 Likes

It’s still showing the misspelled word, it doesn’t show sales, it doesn’t update any activity, it doesn’t allow edits to copied listings, etc.  It’s more than glitchy.  

3 Likes

I’m getting the same thing. So frustrating.

1 Like
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

It's a shame because when you introduce a new product (and discontinue the other one), it should be that the new product (in this case, the Seller App), should be better than the old, not the other way around.  Because if that's the case, why even introduce the new product (rhetorical).

It's similar to the new listing form.  If it isn't user friendly, and more streamlined than the old form (enabling Sellers to work smarter and more effectively), it really defeats the purpose.  So I have a hard time understanding when something new which has been released, is of a lesser quality than that which was discontinued. And that's a shame really.

5 Likes

It's something new for the sake of something new.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.