Etsy App Video Editor not allowing to upload more than 1 video?

Jump to solution

Hey Y'all! Hope all of you are in high creative spirits!!

I was just uploading a listing through the seller app on my phone. I usually upload a video file then add more video files to put clips together in the "Timeline" feature of the video editor. However tonight I noticed that the video editor has had some changes (it looks different) and it doesn't allow you to add more video clips to the one you uploaded - so basically I'm stuck with having to use 1 video clip. I like to add multiple clips together to create a more engaging video with multiple angles of the product all crammed into the 15 seconds. Anyone know if this is a bug or if this is permanent? 

Thanks in advance for the input and Happy Crafting!
The Blue Lion

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Amaradorn
Community Maker

Re: Etsy App Video Editor not allowing to upload more than 1 video?

Jump to solution

@TheBlueLionsDen okay. So did the app update recently? Maybe there's a bug in the latest version. All I can suggest is trying to contact Etsy Support directly - send them a step by step of what you are doing, what you expect to happen, what is actually happening and if possible send screenshots too. If they can recreate the issue then on their end then you have more chance of getting it fixed.

In the mean time I would see if you can get a separate video editor app for your phone so you can still upload your compilations.

View solution in original post

1 Like
5 Replies
Amaradorn
Community Maker

Jump to solution

I know nothing about videos however here is the help page. It says you can only upload one video for each listing.

https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360053206073-How-to-Add-a-Listing-Video?segment=selling

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Thanks for response! Yes, there is only one video allowed and 10 pictures. However, when you upload a video, you can edit it, and the editor allowed you to add more clips to it to put it together into one video

0 Likes
Amaradorn
Community Maker

Jump to solution

@TheBlueLionsDen I think that's probably something (a different app or utility) on your phone. There's nothing in the help page which mentions an editor.

What device are you using?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

It's the official "Etsy Seller" App on android. When you upload a picture, it allows you to edit it by clicking the pencil symbol, where it gives you the option to crop it or rotate the picture. When you upload a video and click the pencil symbol to edit, there's 3 tools in the editor:
1] Timeline (allows you to adjust length of video)
2] Transform (allows you to crop video)
3] Adjust (allow you to adjust levels for brightness, contrast, etc.)

When you click Timeline, it use to allow you to add more video clips and merge them together. However as of yesterday, it doesn't allow you to upload additional video clips in the timeline. 

0 Likes
Amaradorn
Community Maker

Jump to solution

@TheBlueLionsDen okay. So did the app update recently? Maybe there's a bug in the latest version. All I can suggest is trying to contact Etsy Support directly - send them a step by step of what you are doing, what you expect to happen, what is actually happening and if possible send screenshots too. If they can recreate the issue then on their end then you have more chance of getting it fixed.

In the mean time I would see if you can get a separate video editor app for your phone so you can still upload your compilations.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.