I wrote to HELP DESK - but have heart NOTHNG back. The SHOP in questions is NOT a member of our CLOSED TEAM yet they ARE posting in our threads - but they are NOT faving any of our items (In other words - A cheater).  I requested that Etsy FIX this problem by somehow blocking the SHOP.  I've written to the SHOP asking them to STOP posting in our threads as they are NOT a member and with their cheating ways will NEVER BE A MEMBER.

SmudgePlant
Community Maker

Re: We are a CLOSED Team - yet a non-member is posting

Jump to solution

So, when one door closes, another one opens...

I guess blocking the public from viewing the forums without being signed in morphed into once you sign in you get to see everything.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
4 Likes

Jump to solution

It must be a bug. We have a closed team [yes, I've checked it and it's closed for sure] for a few befriended members to chit-chat, and an outsider just posted.

I re-checked if this person is in the team [a long time ago, our non-active-anymore team captain let some randoms in, and I' as team leader can't kick those members out], but it's not. It's definitely a person who shouldn't be able to post.

0 Likes
TheOldBarnDoor
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

This is starting to get weird(er)

1 Like

Jump to solution

Yeah something weird is going on or something is broken with teams. If you look at the breadcrumb nav at the top in one of the threads folks posted to in this thread it says 

Welcome to the Etsy Community > Etsy Teams > the team name > Forum 

which is a bit odd for it to have Forum at the end as if it's leading to the forums not a private team. (I'm not 100% sure is that's not normal since I don't do teams so perhaps someone who does can check a thread in a team they are in to see if it's the same.) I went over to teams to try to see if other teams said the same but I wasn't able to even open any of the open teams pages. I clicked but it simply didn't do anything. The only teams that would even open were all closed teams. I wasn't able to see anything in the closed teams since they are closed but it's very odd that none of the open teams would even open.

I also recall a week or so ago maybe someone who kept trying to post and couldn't find their threads so they ended up reposting like 4 times. When I went to their profile it showed all the prior posts were in teams with the same >forums bit at the end of the breadcrumb nav. It was very odd and not 'normal' for how nav usually shows here. Me thinks something whacky happened when they made the change on the 26th.  

1 Like
OneEyeCatStudio
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Good observation!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Yes, we also are having non member shops posting on our closed team threads. Please keep notifying Etsy!!

There is another thread on this issue here

Re: Etsy Admin - We Need Your Help - Closed Teams ... - Welcome to the Etsy Community

Appears something was broken when the switch happened on March 26

1 Like

Jump to solution

I posted last week about getting updates from multiple teams that I would NEVER belong to trying their best to manipulate search and I am still getting them.

1 Like
LovesVintage43
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I didn't think I was in any teams anymorem although I was in a few back in the beginning when I first joined Etsy.

Around a week ago I suddenly started getting dozens of Etsy shop owners favouriting an item that unfortunately hasn't had a sale yet,  over and over again, it went on for around 3 days... I still haven't sold one. 

Can anyone advise me how to find out what teams I am a member of? 

0 Likes
OneEyeCatStudio
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Click on Teams at the top left of the forum page.

Below where it says Featured should be a list of your teams.

1 Like
LovesVintage43
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@OneEyeCatStudio  thank you I will take a look

0 Likes
OneEyeCatStudio
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

You're welcome. I hope it worked for you.

0 Likes
TheOldBarnDoor
Conversation Maker

Etsy Admin - We Need Your Help - Closed Teams are open to the public since Forum sign in change

Jump to solution

It appears since the forum change of needing to be signed in, Closed teams are now be posted on by non-members.  

This is not a random issue, it is being noticed by a number of teams and has been reported in the forums.  Can you please investigate and give us a status update as soon as possible.  

Thank You.  There is a sense of urgency to this please.  

12 Likes

Re: Etsy Admin - We Need Your Help - Closed Teams are open to the public since Forum sign in change

Jump to solution

You need to contact Etsy. We are only sellers and buyers here.

1 Like
dorothydomingo
Conversation Maker

Re: Etsy Admin - We Need Your Help - Closed Teams are open to the public since Forum sign in change

Jump to solution

Etsy has been notified, by team captains reporting the problem publicly and by sellers reporting to Etsy mods privately.

This is the Technical Issues category - surely this is the one area where Etsy mods should be monitoring for problems?

12 Likes
OneEyeCatStudio
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

They have known about this problem for over two weeks, now.

Apparently seller privacy is not a priority.

I hope they are doing a better job with my bank account and credit cards.

29 Likes

Jump to solution

@ModFabio 

Please escalate this issue with the appropriate tech team.

4 Likes

Jump to solution

Glad to see others are posting this issue!! Our team has also noticed this and it is NOT okay! I opened a ticket with Etsy and am adding comments each day or so asking for updates. 

It will help if everyone opens a ticket with Etsy Help asking for them to fix this issue! The squeaky wheel gets attention!!!!

Click Help Center, choose Seller, Technical Issue, keep clicking "No this did not help my problem", until you are asked to submit a message to describe the problem to Etsy on email. For me, they then sent information about Spam in messages to which I had to respond "No this was not on topic" from my email to engage humans. Further messages will then be on email and in the Help Requests in the Help Center.

4 Likes

Jump to solution

@TheOldBarnDoor 

since the change, I have found google is now showing lots of stuff it didn't

I used to look for handbook info by searching for things like

etsy handbook IP infringement

and I would straight away get the handbook info

now all I get is the community forums and the teams,

I have to do .....

Etsy handbook IP infringement - community -teams

to find what I want

the teams are now being shown though google, where they weren't before

so, somehow, you are - visible, and searchable .... not sure why, because teams aren't one of the things I have ever done much of, and not for many years, so haven't investigated.

I just know, they keep popping up now, when they didn't before

6 Likes

Jump to solution

Wasn't the purpose of March 26 to make stuff on the community spaces LESS VISIBLE to the public? Wasn't that the point of having to be signed in to view?

11 Likes
MurphyGardens
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

Thank you for bringing this to our attention! We're working with our platform provider to investigate these reports. Please be sure to reach out to us directly if you believe there's a problem with your team settings via community[at]etsy[dot]com.

Etsy Teams are only available to logged in visitors, and Team Captains can choose between three settings for their teams:

• Open: All registered community members can join the team, as well as see and create content.
  • Closed: Access requires approval, and only approved members can see the contents of the team.
  • Hidden: The team and its contents are not visible to those without access and will not appear in the directory or search results.

These settings are only accessible by registered users with the Team Captain role. You can read more about Etsy Teams here

0 Likes
OneEyeCatStudio
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

" Please be sure to reach out to us directly if you believe there's a problem with your team settings via community[at]etsy[dot]com."

March 27th was the first time I did.

And then twice more.

I have never received an answer other than one acknowledgement of receipt.

11 Likes

Jump to solution

@MurphyGardens 

• Closed: Access requires approval, and only approved members can see the contents of the team.

Access to a closed team has not required approval since the Forum was changed on March 26th.   The doors to those teams may appear closed, but the windows were inadvertently opened.

7 Likes

Jump to solution

Been there, done that.

Didn't even get a courtesy of a response, and Etsy certainly didn't fix the problem.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

@MurphyGardens 
I sent a message.  Hope that helps.

1 Like
MyOrganisedHome
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@MurphyGardens

Are the Etsy staff testing teams really meant to be openly searchable on Google????!!!!

Not sure this is quite as fixed as you think it is….

2 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.