I wrote to HELP DESK - but have heart NOTHNG back. The SHOP in questions is NOT a member of our CLOSED TEAM yet they ARE posting in our threads - but they are NOT faving any of our items (In other words - A cheater).  I requested that Etsy FIX this problem by somehow blocking the SHOP.  I've written to the SHOP asking them to STOP posting in our threads as they are NOT a member and with their cheating ways will NEVER BE A MEMBER.

Re: Etsy Admin - We Need Your Help - Closed Teams are open to the public since Forum sign in change

Jump to solution

You need to leave the teams and you will no longer receive the updates.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
VintageMaineia
Conversation Maker

Re: Etsy Admin - We Need Your Help - Closed Teams are open to the public since Forum sign in change

Jump to solution

@MyOverstuffedAttic a try unsubscribing from notifications from said teams. Or leave them altogether.

2 Likes
CloesCloset
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I'm in a private team, and now I CAN"T get into it.... Thanks!!! (not)

1 Like
OneEyeCatStudio
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I see you posting in several teams.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

No this problem has NOT been RESOLVED!

It is only SOME closed groups affected, and some sellers can access, some cannot!

I was just able to read all threads and would have been able to post for several random "Closed" teams. Not all, but 2 in a trial of 5. Those teams I have been able to access, I have notified their captains to make them aware. 

My concern with this silence from Etsy is that it is not considered important enough to spend the manpower to fix...and it will sit on the back burner until it is forgotten. Meanwhile some of us sit with the "blinds up in the bathroom window". 

9 Likes
OneEyeCatStudio
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

No resolution? Just checking here as it's easier than gate crashing.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@OneEyeCatStudio 

I don't think it's resolved. I can click on someone's profile and read their team comments/posts in their private teams.

0 Likes
OneEyeCatStudio
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I just figured if it were resolved it might be mentioned here.

1 Like
TheOldBarnDoor
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@MurphyGardens Just checking in to see if there has been any movement forward on this issue with the platform provider (Lithium I'm assuming).  As of this morning the back door is still wide open.  Thanks

3 Likes
SmudgePlant
Community Maker

Jump to solution

It looks like someone finally locked the back door.

1 Like
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Jump to solution

@SmudgePlant  I can still get into some closed teams - ones that I'm where I'm not a member.

0 Likes
SmudgePlant
Community Maker

Jump to solution

@NanaLetha 

Oh nuts, I checked and I wasn't able to see anyone else's team posts.

Maybe they just decided to block access for me.

1 Like
OneEyeCatStudio
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@SmudgePlant  I looked at your Profile, I went back to three weeks ago, and I don't see any team posts.

2 Likes
SmudgePlant
Community Maker

Jump to solution

@OneEyeCatStudio 

Thank you for checking. I appreciate it. 

Now I can go back to discussing all of my SEO secrets.

; )

4 Likes
MyOrganisedHome
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

The Whinging Wrens Reduxx is closed too now.

That’s the problem with these Bots, too much Harry Styles, not enough INXS.

INXS were cool. Pop was cool then. I will brook no argument.

5 Likes
SmudgePlant
Community Maker

Jump to solution

@MyOrganisedHome 

"Don't Change" is one of my favorite songs.

1 Like
OneEyeCatStudio
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@MyOrganisedHome   I cannot argue with you there.

Every single one of us has the devil inside.

3 Likes
VintageMaineia
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I tested and can no longer access teams that I shouldn't. Is this the case across the board, or are some still able to access? TIA!

2 Likes
TheOldBarnDoor
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

@VintageMaineia  I tested as well and it would appear all team posts are deleted from the profiles thereby closing the back door.  Thanks for testing.  I heard the same from at least two other team leaders/captains

Hope Etsy Admin will confirm that this is now resolved so that we are all certain.  

4 Likes

Jump to solution

I can no longer access teams through the back door either! Yay!!

And closed teams appear to be actually closed now. Excellent!

3 Likes
MurphyGardens
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: We are a CLOSED Team - yet a non-member is posting

Jump to solution

Thank you for sharing your reports with us. We apologize for any inconvenience or concerns this issue may have caused. Hidden and Closed Etsy Team forums are now working as intended, and no longer visible to non-members. 

Etsy Teams is a community feature that allows sellers to connect with each other through self-organized groups. Please refer to our Community Policies if you have questions about joining and participating in these spaces.

Many thanks again for your support in identifying this issue, and your patience while we worked to resolve it! 

7 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.