OldRaven
Conversation Maker

Established "Sections" Not Showing Up When Making A New Listing

Lately, when I've been making new listings, when I get to the "Sections" drop down none of my pre-established sections are there - just a suggestion to 'add your first selection'. 

I have to complete the listing, post it and then go back in and do an edit as only then does my sections become available.

What's going on? 

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
16 Replies
GalleryAntiques
Conversation Maker

Re: Established "Sections" Not Showing Up When Making A New Listing

That's been happening to me for over a year, I normally change it by using quick edit.

0 Likes
OldRaven
Conversation Maker

What's the difference between 'quick edit' and simply 'edit'?

0 Likes
GalleryAntiques
Conversation Maker

@OldRaven  with quick edit I don't have to go into the listing to edit the section. I can edit the title, section, price, SKU, shipping/delivery profile and tags using Quick Edit.

0 Likes

Is this happening with the "newer" listing form, or the Seller app?

0 Likes
GalleryAntiques
Conversation Maker

I only use the old listing form, it only happens some of the time, not on all listings.

0 Likes
OldRaven
Conversation Maker

I use the old version.

0 Likes
LastCentury
Community Maker

isn't a joke??? This is for the old listing format right? I don't use the new format.

I always copy a listing from the same section so I know it will be in the correct section once it is published.

Etsy creates new listing format which isn't perfect & they manage to screw up the old listing format in the process.

Don't get me started on the improved custom listing process that died a few years ago.

0 Likes
HotOffHerHook
Conversation Maker

That's happened t me whenever I was iisting the new way, so I just went back to the old version.

0 Likes
OldRaven
Conversation Maker

I use the old verion.

0 Likes

"when I get to the "Sections" drop down none of my pre-established sections are there - just a suggestion to 'add your first selection'. "  I only use the old listing format now but the issue with sections has been there for months.  Not on every new listing but most of them.  I have to complete the listing, post it and then go back in and do an edit as only then does my sections become available.

0 Likes
OldRaven
Conversation Maker

I've no idea what your reply means as you have simply copy/pasted my question.

0 Likes

Sorry..I didn't mean to offend you but I did cut and paste because you do it exactly as I do it and you said it very well.  I only use the old listing format now but the issue with sections has been there for months.  Not on every new listing but most of them.

0 Likes

I should add that it is very annoying and a pain in the tush

0 Likes

well the really screwy thing with the sections glitch is that often it actually IS in the right section, just that it doesnt show on the listing form, and only sometimes.

above someone is saying to use "quick edit" and that is also my solution to this. quick edit is bulk editing and its a time saver to do certain things this way, for this issue and for others, like if you want certain things to all have the same shipping settings, or to make sure all your listings have the correct return policy.

bulk editing, aka "quick edit", is done from the main listing page, where all your listings are. the main page that you go to when you click listings. you can check the box on the bottom of each listing you want to change the same way, all at once. then go to the top of the listings and there are many choices to what you can edit all at once for all your checked listings. one you click the checkbox on the individual listing go to "editing options", and choose what you want to bulk edit.

in this instance you want to "change sections" and that is the last option you see on the drop down menu. so check the box on all listings you want in one section, go to the top of where there is a drop down menu with what can be bulk edited. from the drop down you can choose "change section" as the last option. that will bring up your sections and you choose which, or you can also "add section" from there too.

this is the easiest and fastest way to do simple changes, you can access many of the simpler settings there and do that all at once.

another further help is to look to the far right on the main listing page, and there are several drop down menus there. under the choices for "active" or "draft", alsoexpired and inactive and sold out.

you can use the sections drop down to choose which section you want to see, and then all of the listings from that section will be the only ones in your active listings (or draft if you are in drafts) will show. this makes it easier to hunt down all the similar ones, instead of spread out across pages- it only shows the ones that are in that section. so then you can bulk edit all those in the section that likely have similar settings.

at the end of that drop down menu there is "no section". this is helpful because if you have not been able to get the sections working it will show the ones that do not have a section, and then quick edit them to put them in a section rather than one by one.

0 Likes
OldRaven
Conversation Maker

Thanks for the detailed breakdown of quick edit. So many times a reference is made with the assumption that we all know what 'that' is. For me it's a 'sometimes I do, sometimes I don't' and now today I know more than I knew yesterday thanks to you. Appreciate it!

0 Likes

youre welcome, it actually took me quite a while to figure all that out, myself, and its really a time saver for the simple stuff like assigning things to sections.

and cute shop btw

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.