CatsInAboxStudio
Inspiration Seeker

Ecaptcha -- I am not a robot

E-captcha, I'm not a robot.

This security feature is getting annoying.  Grainy, out-of-focus photos and everytime I have to fight my way past it it takes longer and longer.

ETSY, either you've been hacked or your platform is playing nice with the latest Windows update.

Get on the ball and fix it, because those of us with less than perfect eyesight ( it's a senior citizen thing, really, really ) don't have time to sit and play stupid puzzle games with a "bot" all day.

If that's seems snarky, or you need sufficient motivation to act, then let me put it another way.  YOUR site is losing money when your shop owners can't actually log in to run their shops.

Fix it, because this is recent with your site and it's getting tiresome.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
21 Likes
17 Replies

Re: Ecaptcha -- I am not a robot

Are you SURE? Because I am starting to wonder about myself as I can never pass those d@mn things.. I do find it happens more on Chrome than on Explorer..try another browser and see if it helps. I still get the error message on almost every sign in though if the info is autofilled.

4 Likes
CatsInAboxStudio
Inspiration Seeker

Agree, about Chrome. That's what I use. I don't use Explorer. Too many issues in the past. I double check every time MicroSoft sends an update to make sure that features I've turned OFF, like Autofill, are in fact still "off".  Thank you, though. Appreciate the feedback.  Best Wishes.

0 Likes

@CatsInAboxStudio   There is no Explorer any longer.  There is only Edge.

Anyone that has Explorer and is using it are risking at being vulnerable. 

Not using some of the newer features can create issues now.  So you may want to investigate if that can also be contributing. 

0 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

Hi, I use Chrome on Windows 10, desktop computer.  It's been a while since I received the Captha, but agree; photos were grainy and hard to make out even on my large monitor.  I do receive the Error Banner upon every Sign In.  And hit Ctrl F5 after it comes up, which gets me in immediately. 

2 Likes

I only received the Captcha when my windows upgrades significantly. If I remove cookies.  If my computer hiccups or shuts down unexpectedly like from a storm.

If you are clearing out cache and cookies all the time then that is what is have the captcha return over and over.

I don't have the best eyesight but I have learned to look at each individual photo given while ignoring the others present when determing if the photo has what it is asking for.  It's a pain but better than some other hoops I have jumped through. 

0 Likes
DesertChains
Conversation Maker

8 Likes
Jewels2at
Community Maker

It usually takes me 3 to get it done.  I tried enlarging to 200%...way to grainy, could not tell what anything was.

I am pretty sure a robot could get it the first time.

0 Likes

The pictures in a Captcha form are actually images that are so bad that machines couldn't read them. That is why they work to verify you are a real person. It is also how they improve understanding of those images for the machines in the future.

I prefer them to the text messages that send a number to my non existent mobile phone. Contrary to popular belief, not every one has one yet. Some by choice.

1 Like

Signing in with captcha I get Red Error try again, do again another Error try again of course  in Red. Why use it if it does not work, this site is so glitchy and buggie who wants to sell let alone buy anything when you can not even use your account. I have been doing this for a month and half just plain tired of it playing games for idiots who can not program the simple basics. Sure glad Etsy is not my top income for sales its actually last place I look for sales, really just a tow along as I do very little here these days as everything on this site has seem to have died on the vine. Better days ahead on another one.

1 Like
SugarTaffySoap
Conversation Maker

@CatsInAboxStudio  You can do a google search on how to disable captcha using chrome. There's articles and youtube videos.

0 Likes

It is getting worse. I had to go through at least 12 verifications today--bicycles,stairs, fire hydrants,crosswalks, motorcycles ( four times), buses.....I'm using Firefox.

2 Likes

Switch browsers. Also..WHY do they put those grid lines right on the edge of something you are supposed to click..is that IN or OUT? Is there a bike hiding behind that car? They said bus but that is an airport shuttle..is that a bus? It is just infuriating. 

2 Likes

What if Etsy bots are compiling an enemies list of "not robots"?   It's a crazy idea, BUT it does explain a lot of stuff that's going on...

0 Likes
LeeArtsCreative
Inspiration Seeker

I use Firefox and have noticed it happens whenever I log in more than once a day. First time checking in the morning is fine, but any after that yes very horrible grainy pictures every time I log in. Very annoying.

0 Likes

I have multiple shops I log in and out between them all day. I am using Firefox (chrome is too bulky and slow for my old PC) and I never close my browser. It is such a frustrating waste if time and I get it wrong. What am I doing wrong? Do I have to include the top of the steps? The person riding the bicycle? The shadow of the bus? For real, I don't need this grief 20 times a day, I'm having flashbacks of middle school pop quiz anxiety! If someone has a fix for Firefox please share!

0 Likes
bitsyshandmade
Conversation Maker

I continually had that issue when using Chrome.  I was told by another vendor that it was a Google thing.  It happened on other websites also.  I deleted Chrome on my computer and am now using Edge.  I have an all in one desktop, Windows 11.   No issues now. 

0 Likes

I have it on Edge.

Took me 2-1/2 hours today to try to get in my other shop to print out a label.

Finally went to the local library which was, of course, closed for the holiday.

Finally got in about an hour ago to print the label.

It has been more than ridiculous today.  Had things I wanted to list but couldn't.

I also have an all in one with Windows.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.