EXPIRED LISTINGS STILL SHOW AS "ACTIVE"

I have my seasonal listings set to manual renewal and they still show as "active". When I go into "edit" my listing it shows expiration dates that have already passed, ex: March 26, 2023 for most of my Christmas/Winter listings. However, they are still there. The fact that they still seem available for purchase is not a problem necessarily, but the purpose of them being on manual renewal is so that I don't have to pay for them to be renewed every 3 months when they are not generating any sales. I looked through my statements and I don't see where I've been charged for them but honestly not even sure if I'm looking in the right place. Has this happened to anyone else? Is it some type of glitch in the system? Any feedback is appreciated. Thank you!

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes
22 Replies

Re: EXPIRED LISTINGS STILL SHOW AS "ACTIVE"

I also just realized that some new listings I have uploaded are not showing up at all.

0 Likes

Your listings will continue to show until they expire whether you want to sell them or not. If you don't want them seen then deactivate them. Otherwise leave them and they'll eventually drop off I would imagine by the end of this month at the latest. By the way I have had some expire this year that didn't drop off for about a week. Which would be a glitch

0 Likes

I am here in November 2023, and I have a listing that shows as active but with an Aug 2023 exp date.

1 Like

Listings are renewed every months if not sold.

But it's likely these are caught in a non expiring bug, where they continue to be active, not expiring and therefore not renewing forever (until you deactivate or go on vacation mode).

You're getting these listings for free.

4 Likes

I’ve had the same in past. I set my listing to manual and for some reason it didn’t expire and is still active. I think this is a bug that hasn’t been fixed. 

0 Likes

I have run into the same thing. Today I noticed that several of my seasonal listings that I had previously deactivated are now showing as active. I have gone in and tried deactivating them multiple times but they are still showing as active.

0 Likes

I've posted this a couple of times. Started Dec2 noticed many listings active but renew date in the past. Many chats and emails since. Some manually fixed by Etsy and engineering was supposed to be looking at. My last request ignored. I currently have over 250 of my listings with renew date in the past and mine are automatic not manual. I gave up.

2 Likes
ruthkim
Crafty Poster

I have some listings that expired back in February that are still active. There really isn't anything you can do, because when you contact them, they'll just say that they see nothing wrong on their end. It's free... 🤷

1 Like

I found that these listings were items that weren't selling though, so it is worth investigating, I had 52 items showing as having passed their expiry date but still in the active section, some were not showing as available to a buyer and some were, very strange. Etsy have been helpful and helped me sort through them.

1 Like
irmaKdesigns
Conversation Maker

I wish I had this glitch. I would be so very quiet about it and never complained:)

1 Like

@irmaKdesigns 

Me too!!!

1 Like
MaggieandRose
Conversation Maker

I’ve had this going on since January, very strange. I usually look at expired listings and decide whether to renew, if they are seasonal things I wait a few months until the season comes round again, but they’re all still there! Oh well, can’t hurt I suppose. 

0 Likes

The issue is items that are not available, that I have manually deactivated, are showing up.

2 Likes
MaggieandRose
Conversation Maker

@CountryCharmDecorUS   ah, I see that’s really not good. My inactive items have not been renewed, so far, but I’ll keep an eye on them. Maybe edit them to say sold or reserved? Just a thought. 

0 Likes

@MaggieandRose, thank you for the advice. I put a disclaimer on my front page that there seems to be a technical issue with Etsy and I'm not able to deactivate some items so they may not actually be available. I felt this was the safer thing to do then miss something that might be showing up and not be available.

1 Like
DigitalFhaiz
Inspiration Seeker

I have the same situation. Many of my listing expired but still active

0 Likes

I started with this issue Dec 2/22, many chats, emails etc. Nothing until June 16 where almost 600 listings charged and renewed at once without notice. I am renewing some every other day or so, so they don't all show up all at once renewed. Thought it was fixed but put in a new ticket again yesterday. No reply yet except the generic "if this is about recent deactivated items" DRIVES ME NUTS.

1 Like
HausModern
Inspiration Seeker

I had the same problem as DKVintageandBeyond, 10 months later. Etsy moved 500+ listings which should have expired months ago into my Expired folder on Oct 1, 2023. That's a lot of renewal fees at one time. Etsy acted like I don't understand how the listing process works, as if this was normal for hundreds of listings to need renewal on the same day.

1 Like

You'll be lucky if they don't charge you back renewal fees for the time they were active.

0 Likes
DigitalFhaiz
Inspiration Seeker

but they have no views at all. I checked the stats of my expire listing that is still active and its zero

0 Likes
Ktffos
Inspiration Seeker

I’ve noticed this problem too and didn’t know what to do about it! I’ve just figured it’s free listings and not worried about it but might do what some of you have said and check if any have sold! 

1 Like
Ktffos
Inspiration Seeker

I checked back and there was no sales of the ones that are expired but still active except from one that was a new colour that I’d updated on the listing and one in an order of multiple prints - coincidence?! I contacted Etsy and they said basically nothing wrong our end . But today I had for the first time in months something in my expired section, and also an email to say four are expiring soon and when I clicked on it went to my listings and showed when they expired and I was able to renew them which I’m pretty sure I haven’t been able to before . Anyway I just renewed them all to be safe so will see what happens! I’m also having a new fun thing where coupons are being automatically added to peoples carts, so the other day a £1 order to New Zealand got free delivery and 5% off!!!! Etsy basically said the customer must’ve guessed the code… But it’s happened three times in the last couple of weeks, thinking there’s something going on! I’ve deactivated the codes now

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.