Duplicate two shipping labels

I'm printing labels and there have been 2 duplicate labels created for all my single - one item orders.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
12 Replies

Re: Duplicate two shipping labels

what browser are you using? Safari users have been reporting label issues lately. Check your printer settings just in case too. What an annoying waste of paper!

0 Likes

chrome

0 Likes
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Check your printer settings. 

0 Likes

this is happening inside etsy - just happened again. nothing to do with my printer - etsy creating 2 labels for 1 order to 1 customer

0 Likes

I had the same problem and all my settings are correct. Had to request a refund on one.

0 Likes

As long as the labels have the same barcode, you can destroy the 2nd one.  If the bar codes are different, ask for refund for the one not used,

1 Like

My orders were double printing too (NOT the same barcode;  so you were being charged for both labels) whenever I clicked on the link 'print shipping label' in Etsy's notification of order email.  You could see it was ready to print two.

Request a refund on the duplicate label that printed in error - be sure to use the UN canceled label for your package... then;  instead of using the email link - ALWAYS go into your etsy shop manager to orders and use that route to print your labels. 

Hope this helps - it can take awhile for the refund of the duplicate label;  but you WILL get the money back.

P.S.  Be sure to convo your customer to apologize for any confusion and advise them of which tracking number is correct for their order.

1 Like

Thanks for suggesting another route. I will try that. Can't recall how I went in. It's still happening and tried talking to Etsy support through chat which did not help. I know how to delete one label - it's just ANNOYING! They did mention something about calculated shipping and box size and if exceeds a size 2 labels are created.

https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/115013946647-How-to-Set-Up-Calculated-Shipping-?segment=sell...

0 Likes
StickerandStitch
Inspiration Seeker

This same issue is happening on ALL of my orders.  It defaults to 2 labels when they order multiple items.  Is this a setting on my listing?  I also have customers saying there is a limit of quantity 2 at a time.  Need a permanent fix.

0 Likes

That sounds like either you don't have a large enough box enabled to hold all the items or it thinks it is cheaper to send 2 boxes than an oversized one. Check your listing item sizes. Don't use box size but only item size. If it can nest I understate the thickness.

0 Likes
JustCreateCraft
Inspiration Seeker

Having the same issue today.  Went to purchase labels as normal and Etsy, in their wisdom, have duplicated all of the shipping labels on my orders and charged me twice.  Had to request a refund on every single label which took time I can ill afford to waste.  Any ideas what the fix is - Etsy please fix this issue please.  Thanks!

0 Likes

I had this happen with a few orders - two labels and two tracking numbers. I put in a request for a refund on the extra ones. I was also getting error messages when purchasing the labels as well (it said they were unable to purchase, but then told me to print them out).

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.