Disabled upgraded shipping - customers still able to select option to upgrade shipping at checkout

Jump to solution

A while ago, I disabled the ability for customers to upgrade shipping in my settings, because I use a Print on Demand service and it is not possible to expedite shipping. However, customers are still able to select the option to upgrade shipping (for example, 2 day shipping) at checkout. I have raised this issue to Etsy twice already. It is important because customers have/are going to get disappointed in my shop when I cannot deliver expedited shipping. Etsy support let me know this shouldn't happen and is a technical glitch, but hasn't been able to fix it. It is critical that it gets fixed. Has anyone experienced this or know how to fix it? I am desperate to fix it so I don't have unhappy customers requesting refunds when it is out of my control. 

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Disabled upgraded shipping - customers still able to select option to upgrade shipping at checko

Jump to solution

Do you use calculated or flat/manual shipping?  If your listings are attached to a shipping profile I would delete the profile and start over and see if that fixes it. I have heard of sellers having glitchy profiles.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies

Re: Disabled upgraded shipping - customers still able to select option to upgrade shipping at checko

Jump to solution

Do you use calculated or flat/manual shipping?  If your listings are attached to a shipping profile I would delete the profile and start over and see if that fixes it. I have heard of sellers having glitchy profiles.

0 Likes
LovejoyLightwork
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

I have been having the exact same issue. Of course, every single person has been upgrading their shipping and I have been paying for it.

0 Likes
TBQSC
Community Maker

Jump to solution

"Of course, every single person has been upgrading their shipping and I have been paying for it."

This can happen if you do not have the proper shipping services enacted at checkout. 

For calculated shipping, you MUST have FCM, Parcel Select Ground (advanced) and Priority Mail selected for your profile.  The FCM/PSG acts as the new Ground Advantage rate at checkout (ships up to 70# with $100 insurance) ... and the PM acts as the upgrade.  If you only have FCM & PM enacted, then ANY order more than 1# will automatically get free upgraded shipping.  You do not want that to happen!! 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.