Descriptions

Why have you removed ALL descriptions from my listings, not just the narrative ones I write, but ALL, including materials, size, everything. How can I expect anyone to purchase an item without knowing a single thing about it aside from the photos?

And to do this at Christmas time, when I might have a chance to sell a few items, too. 

I am beyond angry!

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
3 Likes
14 Replies

Re: Descriptions

They crashed my business.

1 Like

Mine too - any chance they will compensate us for the lost business?

0 Likes

1 Like
NoFrogsAllowed
Conversation Maker

They are there, you just have to find them.  Try clicking on item details under the pictures.

1 Like

Buried. How many people are going to notice that and click? Not many, I think 

0 Likes

thank you!!!  

0 Likes
LynnsLittleShop
Conversation Maker

Surprise, they're back ! 

0 Likes

I wonder why Etsy spends money on ads, then tries to destroy sales with programming changes ? Seems like a waste of money.

0 Likes

Sometimes I think they let children or elves play with the code.

1 Like

Yes, anything to make it less user friendly for potential buyers.

1 Like
TastefulArtisan
Conversation Maker

I thought this absurd test had ended long ago. I spent 3 days and 27 messages answering questions on a single item that everything asked was in the description. After the 5th bullet point questioner, I finally asked (partly in frustration) if she couldn't read and/or see the description. Every question she asked at least once had an answer in the description. She never confirmed if she couldn't read or if she couldn't see the description. Most questions she asked more than once, even after having given her the answer....more than once.

I can see descriptions where they have been but where they *should* be is under the photos, above the reviews and there should be no "see more" in order to read a description. 

But. Hidden descriptions. Buyer not fully informed. Unhappy buyer. NAD. Etsy dips into the seller pocket and makes the buyer happy. Even if an item is "smaller that I thought" they certainly like it fine when it's free. : ) No skin off Etsy's butt.

Please. Please. Please. Etsy. Can we just have a working search and a stop to the incessant testing for awhile. Pretty please?

Sigh

1 Like

I use Etsy ads, but with no information showing, I don't think that makes sense anymore. I adjusted prices and switched to free shipping, but I don't know it that will work. I've stopped buying items for my shop, and I guess I'm just going to weather the drop in sales, as I have none since this insanity started.

0 Likes

I'm still in this test. Etsy certainly likes to play hide and seek. I truly hope this does not become permanent. I don't usually worry about tests and figure out a workaround but for this--NO workaround!  I guess if you use a phone this works OK but on a computer--ugh!

2 Likes

It comes and goes - I am over it it all - been here since 2008 - and they have finally killed my shops with this games and moving thing around and hiding the descriptions again - now I have to creat a pdf  of the descriptions in all my listings again

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.