Delayed Messages

A client sent me a message on September 19th, I did not receive it until September 22nd. It was an important matter…my client thought I was ignoring them. Not good for business. 

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
7 Replies
blzopbhi
Community Curator

Re: Delayed Messages

Etsy message, email, or text message?

If an Etsy message or email it is probably just a fluke, but report it to Etsy, any way.

If a text message...well, sometimes they can hang for days. This has happened to me on numerous occasions.

0 Likes

Thanks for your reply.

It was in etsy messaging. If we don’t answer in 24 hours we get a strike. I contacted etsy chat and they told me to report it here. 

0 Likes

@AKitschIsJustAKitsch 

Reporting it to the Forum is an exercise in futility, as we are only other sellers who can do nothing for you.

I don’t know why support would tell you that, but I totally believe they did!

1 Like

@AKitschIsJustAKitsch:  Did you have this problem using an Etsy app (on which operating system) or via mobile browser or desktop browser (which browser and operating system)? It makes a difference as to possible causes and potential solutions, otherwise we have to guess.

0 Likes

I did not receive the message on any of my devices. 

0 Likes

normally you have to use a browser, and go into messages, and the one you have to reply to, is highlighted in Blue,

nothing else seems to work very well, don't use the app

0 Likes

It was the same on my laptop, and on the apps. All three apps on my laptop. No messages and then a late delivery of a message. The Streit doesn’t so much bother me as the fact that my client thought I was ignoring her when she had an issue with a product. Not cool on Etsy’s part at all.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.