Deactivated Listings

Out of nowhere Etsy deactivated all my listings with no given reason and I'm only able to renew 2 of the listings. I have no idea why this has happened and I've reached out to Etsy support 3 times over the past week with no response. I'm likely going to try to find a different platform to sell from because this is ridiculous. I wasn't even notified about my listings being taken down, it just happened out of nowhere. Please someone help me :'(

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
24 Replies
givemeacrown
Conversation Maker

Re: Deactivated Listings

What kinds of things were you selling?

0 Likes
bradgoodell
Community Maker

Are you sure they didn't expire? 

0 Likes
nineteen27
Community Maker

you had a print called a skeletal cat.

it was probably de-activated by bots.

thinking you were selling the skeleton of a cat.

3 Likes

Thank you for your input- that makes sense as to why they would deactivate that specific post but I don't understand why they would deactivate every single other listing which don't include those buzz words

0 Likes

When doing a Google cache search of your shop, it shows no listings, which usually means it's been a while. Please check that they haven't just expired. If they were truly deactivated, you usually get an email, although they don't say why.

2 Likes

RIGHT, they don't say why, and when you try to figure it out to fix it.....crickets.
I have lisitngs deactivated instantly, and they are STILL deactivated.
I sell vintage jewelry.  I don't sell ivory or controlled substances.  
SOOOOOO frustrating.
I've had a shop here for years, and this is outrageous.

0 Likes
Amaradorn
Community Maker

@2HippiesVintage it's best to start a new thread as everyone's issue could be slightly different. Then you can tell us what was deactivated.

0 Likes

I think it is cat skeletal 

Because products made of cat and dogs are prohibited here and in many other places too 

Bot do not think , bot do not see that it is print , not actual skeletal , and bot take this listing down .

Your only option - Etsy support team 

1 Like

I just don't get why they would remove every single listing and not just that one, you know? I've contacted the support team 3 times with no response over a week ago. Maybe I just need to wait longer, I dunno Thanks for your input!

0 Likes

i had a listing deactivated too it was a girl painting butterflies. i was confused why it had been deactivated.  when i contacted etsy the bots had picked up in my description, not the title, a word which seemingy is a hate  group!  I had put  " design is on a white card " and I hadn't put a space  betweeen the "on"and "a"   !    etsy reactivated it again..  It annoys me what the bots are picking up .  keep on at etsy to find the reason

1 Like
InkxCity
Crafty Poster

Why not re-active some of the deactivated listings manually and give it a few days and see if they stay "activated". If they do, if it were me.. I would just reactive the rest of them and move on from there.

Maybe it was a mistake ? Large platforms in their efforts to maintain the guardrails of their community sometimes impact legitimate sellers / community members.

Not sure I would make a mountain of it. Try to fix it on your own since you haven't been able to receive any help from support.

As for looking at another platform, that's a good idea. It's always a good strategy to have a contingency plan if one of the platforms you're working from gets impacted negatively thus affecting your sales.

0 Likes

"Why not re-active some of the deactivated listings manually and give it a few days and see if they stay "activated".

That's really bad advice and can result in your shop being shut down.  The OP needs to either wait until they are reviewed by a human, or appeal.  

9 Likes

The issue is that it won't let me reactivate the listings, otherwise I would just do that. I suppose I can just re-upload every single listing, but that would take a long time and doesn't solve the issue Etsy has with whatever I'm doing. Thanks for your input though!

0 Likes

The thing is, if they did it, there's no RE-activating.  It's done as far as you go.

0 Likes
MarinaBeads06
Inspiration Seeker

I had a listing deactivated too it was somee beads < I don't understand why some beads  are in violation of  policy prohibiting regulated items. I'm beading and I sale for a long time ago beads . some beads of same category are prohibited and some not !! any advise ??

1 Like

Were they amber beads? Most amber beads are restricted. There's plenty of posts about it if you search the forum for 'amber deactivation'

2 Likes
MarinaBeads06
Inspiration Seeker

it's not amber beads , same beads in other colors  are ok.

0 Likes

If you mention their Country of Origin that may be a problem if it is a Country that you can't sell anything that is made there.

0 Likes
OwlAlwaysKnit
Conversation Maker

@MarinaBeads06  you have the word Amber in 2 of your listings, you cannot use the word even as a colour. Just thought I would let you know.

1 Like

This is funny because in the Etsy spring trend report they showed "134% YoY increase in searches on Etsy containing “amber earring”. 

Marketplace Insights: 2023 Spring and Summer Trends (etsy.com)

7 Likes

You can absolutely use the word amber as a color. 

But, if you do, you should just be prepared for it to automatically be deactivated until a human reviews it and reinstates it. 

It's only amber beads below a certain size that are prohibited. However, since Etsy's bots can't be programmed to identify that specifically, then for them it's just easier to deactivate anything with the word as a precaution, and reinstate those items that do not have restrictions. 

0 Likes
theYarnKitchen
Conversation Maker

Today it was my turn. I had a custom listing for felt vases with barely 20 words counting title and description and it was because I wrote two felt vessels and searched with Google vessel is a vase but also a prescription drug.

I deleted this custom listing and made a new one without the "prohibited" word. Do you think that I have to contact Etsy or is the problem solved?

thanks for your help it was my first time

0 Likes

I would imagine the problem is solved by creating a new listing without the prohibited word. Crazy how quickly the bots remove posts in combination with how terribly slow their help center is -_-

I hope your problem is solved!!

0 Likes

Hello! Do you get any support from Etsy? Any updates? I got the same case, but they did not send me any email, no response.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.