StarlightAkari
Inspiration Seeker

Customer's Download Link is Gone? Technical Bug?

Hi all,

A customer messaged me last night saying they weren't able to download the files they had purchased from me. They sent a screenshot and the download link is *literally* missing from the orders:
Digital Download Button Missing from Right-hand side 

Has anybody encountered a glitch like this? I assume this is a bug of some sort? I'd like to avoid this in the future if possible, so wondering if anybody else has encountered the same issue, thanks!

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
4 Replies

Re: Customer's Download Link is Gone? Technical Bug?

Check to see if maybe the payment went through or not?  Sometimes it looks like a payment completes, then sometime later the payment processor cancels the payment (for any of several reasons).

if you’re confident all is good with the payment status, then you can send them their files by Etsy messages or email.  

But I’ve never had quite this situation pop up.

1 Like

It doesn’t seem to be the case with this particular listing as far as I can see, but the situation could arise if Etsy pulls a listing down from your shop before the customer downloads. There are several that look like potential IP violations. 

0 Likes
StarlightAkari
Inspiration Seeker

Thank you for the quick reply!
Yes I think the payment went through; for this I just ended up sending the files through messages.

Just wondering, is there a normal way to send the files via messages? I wasn't able to attach files, so I gave them a Goole Drive link

0 Likes

It depends on the file sizes.  Mine are all small enough (under 10 MB) that Etsy messages can send them easily, or I can email them.  But Google Drive or Dropbox are other possibilities that can work, esp for larger file sizes

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.