Customer having trouble completing purchase

I had a buyer message me this afternoon that she was trying to buy something but received an error message "There's something wrong in the URL".   Has anyone else had this problem today? 

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
6 Replies

Re: Customer having trouble completing purchase

Have the buyer clean out his cache and cookies if on computer.

If on phone using the old app, have them update to the new.

1 Like
SoulStarChakras
Conversation Maker

I had 2 failed orders today. Etsy is riddled with dog mess right now.

1 Like

I just read a post this morning with the same problem, and I've read others over the past few weeks, so it would appear that Etsy is having some kind of glitch. It's very doubtful, unless it's a good customer, that people will go through doing anything on their computer to complete a sale. I wouldn't. I know my computer and if a seller asked me to do all that, I'd go elsewhere. I'd simply explain that it seems to be an Etsy glitch that you are trying to get fixed, and they might want to try later. They probably won't unless they really, really want what you have, but it at least takes some responsibility for the situation, is what the customer wants. And with vintage, they might not be able to find it elsewhere, so chances are they'll come back. Good luck.

P.S...I'm a 55 year retail gal and have learned over the years that although the customer isn't always right, there is that very rare case where you just want to say no, go somewhere else. But unless a buyer is absolutely the worst, you always take responsibility for whatever they are complaining about, try to fix it, and then apologize for the inconvenience. I think it was in the 90s that I took a course on retail selling and that was drilled into you. I realize that in this day and age, people just don't want to take responsibility for anything they do, but it was a good retail tip back then, and it's still a good one now.

2 Likes
SoulStarChakras
Conversation Maker

Well, I'm certainly not taking ANY responsibility for Etsy and all it's glitches. I pay Etsy a lot of money and expect a platform to work. I worked with the customers who were having issues buying from me on here today and they both purchased from my website. I'm making no excuses for Etsy anymore.

0 Likes

And you sell chakras?

0 Likes

@CastawayCottageFinds   I told her that it might be an Etsy glitch.  Also suggested that she take it out of her cart and try to complete the order again.  It was a small order, so she may try again or not.

I always try to work with all customers. Of course, the seller has no control over Etsy glitches. 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.