CraftiqueRedux
Inspiration Seeker

Customer has unknown problem with Digital Download

Jump to solution

The digital download has been purchased hundreds of times with no issues, but a recent customer sent me the message:

'Thank you for instructions, however, when I push the black button that reads “view your files on Etsy” it takes me to a screen that says

“uh oh unable to move files”. '

-- I'm sure it may be something on their end, but I'd still like to offer some help with this issue (I've already just emailed them the file for now).  Any ideas on what caused that or what they needed to do?

thanks!

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CuriousityShop
Conversation Maker

Re: Customer has unknown problem with Digital Download

Jump to solution

They are perhaps trying to move the files from one window to another instead of downloading them. It doesn't work. Or they are on the app trying to get the files. That will not work either they have to download from a computer or at least a browser, not the app. They also have to be logged in to etsy on the same ID they purchased with.

View solution in original post

3 Likes
6 Replies
CuriousityShop
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

They are perhaps trying to move the files from one window to another instead of downloading them. It doesn't work. Or they are on the app trying to get the files. That will not work either they have to download from a computer or at least a browser, not the app. They also have to be logged in to etsy on the same ID they purchased with.

3 Likes
NoFrogsAllowed
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

They most likely would have had to wait until Etsy straightened out what they mucked up.  They have been messing around with everything a lot lately, which could mean they will soon be introducing something new for us to hate on.

0 Likes
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Jump to solution

Tell the buyer to log into their account with a browser (not the app). Then go to the purchase and click download. Sounds like they are trying through the email.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

It does sound like they are trying to use the mouse or a finger to drag the file.  That does not work.  They need to sign into Etsy, locate their purchase and then download.

Depending on the age of their browser, they may be able to open directly in the download section of their computer and it will open on their browser.  (I use Edge)  Or they need adobe acrobat on their computer.

The app cannot be used for downloading.  

1 Like
michellepatterns
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

When people have trouble with the download I offer suggestions like the ones above (don't try it from your phone, etc.) and also attach the pattern document to the convo.  

Then they at least have it in the message if there is some sort of technical problem going on with downloads.  

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Happens to me all the time!!  I'll get dozens of orders with no problem them there will be one that can't download.  I've yet to figure it out.  Just got one a few minutes ago where the customer said she had made several orders today but was unable to download her files from my shop.  Makes no sense!!!!

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.