SonaGDesigns
Inspiration Seeker

Customer Sent two email with same question I answered one and got dinged on the other

Jump to solution

The customer Sent two emails with the same question I answered one and got dinged on the other as I expected this would suffice.

Wrong. Trying to get back to 95% after this dumb way of calculating of responding to emails. At 94% today. 

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Customer Sent two email with same question I answered one and got dinged on the other

Jump to solution

Hello @SonaGDesigns,

Since all incoming message threads count towards your Response rate, we'd recommend replying to duplicate message threads with a response along the lines of "I'm responding to all questions in the original message thread." This will help to keep correspondence in a single thread. Just be sure to respond to each thread within 24 hours so that they count positively towards your score.

Thank you very much!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
GieseDeseiGns
Conversation Maker

Re: Customer Sent two email with same question I answered one and got dinged on the other

Jump to solution

Thats how it works they were two separate messages, requiring two separate initial responses. You could mark the second as SPAm and see if your account goes up in a couple of days. 

0 Likes
GTHENRY
Post Crafter

Jump to solution

I send a response to the second email with only a single letter.  Usually an "a".  It counts as a response.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

"Answered in your other message.  Thanks!"

2 Likes

Jump to solution

All initial messages need a reply or be marked as spam. It has always been this way.

1 Like

Jump to solution

Two separate messages need to both be responded to. That is the way SS has always been and the way Etsy intended, read the rules in your Star Seller message from Etsy in your shop manager. Mark the messages you didn't respond to as spam, maybe that will fix your problem.

1 Like

Jump to solution

Hello @SonaGDesigns,

Since all incoming message threads count towards your Response rate, we'd recommend replying to duplicate message threads with a response along the lines of "I'm responding to all questions in the original message thread." This will help to keep correspondence in a single thread. Just be sure to respond to each thread within 24 hours so that they count positively towards your score.

Thank you very much!

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Yep, I got caught up in this in August.  Etsy's rules on answering emails needs to be more streamline.  It is so difficult and very time consuming to have to answer all these emails more than once.  I have had someone duplicate 7 times.  The thing is, for me, it is impossible to tell if it is in fact a second thread.  

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.