HANALOGITAL
Inspiration Seeker

Completed/sent order cancelled by Etsy on its own authority and fully refunded

Jump to solution

Hello,

I need your help with the following problem:

Yesterday I received an order from a buyer who had previously ordered from me. I immediately packed the new order and shipped it yesterday. I put the tracking number on Etsy and completed the order.

Today I see that said order is shown as cancelled and fully refunded. I can also see in my Etsy finances that the funds for the order have been sent to the buyer. I have not received any notification from Etsy that the order has been cancelled.

It is a larger order worth over €100.00. This makes the whole thing even more annoying, because the package with the ordered products is already on its way to the buyer.

I did not cancel the order on my own authority and did not arrange for a refund. Why should I do that, because I have processed the order and shipped the products? Is it possible that Etsy cancels orders on its own authority? What can I do now? Has anything like this ever happened to any of you?

I have contacted the buyer to find out if the order has been cancelled by them. If this is the case, I should still have agreed to it, shouldn't I?

Thank you in advance.

Hanna

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
OwlAlwaysKnit
Conversation Maker

Re: Completed/sent order cancelled by Etsy on its own authority and fully refunded

Jump to solution

Just a thought, had the payment actually cleared ?

I have seen in the forums before where a returning customers payment had failed but because the seller knew there first payment went through they didn't wait for the second order payment to clear.

View solution in original post

1 Like
11 Replies
OwlAlwaysKnit
Conversation Maker

Re: Completed/sent order cancelled by Etsy on its own authority and fully refunded

Jump to solution

Just a thought, had the payment actually cleared ?

I have seen in the forums before where a returning customers payment had failed but because the seller knew there first payment went through they didn't wait for the second order payment to clear.

1 Like

Jump to solution

If the buyer cancelled the order, ask the customer to decline the parcel so it is returned to you. If the buyer did not cancel the order, you could set up a custom listing for her to repay for the order already sent

It has not happened to me, but did have two pending orders once which was new with an email from Etsy stating not to send until the payment had been verified. One was cancelled and the other cleared and received notification to send.

But if this customer has ordered from you before, I would assume this would not have been a pending verification order 

0 Likes

Jump to solution

A buyer can’t cancel an order, only the seller and Etsy can.  

1 Like

Jump to solution

A buyer can cancel anytime they like. So please do not say that as you are sending the wrong messages to our sellers.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Jump to solution

@MiniMemoriesStore 

A buyer canNOT cancel at all,

they can request the seller to cancel, and they can request their payment provider to cancel, which will go through etsy

but the buyer does NOT have a cancel option, I buy here a lot, there is NO cancel button

Only the seller, and Etsy, have the cancel button, so, if the seller didn't press it, Etsy did

5 Likes

Jump to solution

@MiniMemoriesStore

A buyer can request a cancellation but they can't actually do it themselves. Etsy or the seller has to issue a cancellation. 

3 Likes

Jump to solution

Etsy uses a lot of "bots" and can't pick up a lot of countries tracking numbers automatically,

Log a ticket with etsy - do it with e-mail so you have a record

community an support - contact us - keep going until you gat to "I still need help"

put in that you marked it as complete, at "X" time with the tracking number - take a screenshot of the order and attach it

and say after that, etsy cancelled and refunded, and that you want to be reimbursed, as it had already been shipped, and marked as shipped, with the shipping number.

You may get a stock reply, but keep replying to the ticket, saying you still need help.

Keep that 1 ticket going, and it will go further up the chain to a technical person.

Don't open another ticket, as the first one is closed, and you start again from the bottom of the pile

if you don't hear back for a day, go back to - community and help - contact us, top right on your avitar, you can click to look at your tickets

you can go in that way, and reply to the ticket, asking for an update.

I hope etsy pays you back

... if not, when the customer receives it, you can create a custom listing for a re-purchase, they may be willing to, if they see they have been refunded in error,, and they are a repeat customer.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Omas a customer can cancel anytime read up.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@MiniMemoriesStore 

a customer can request a cancellation,

but only the seller, can actually cancel the order, once placed

read up

https://www.etsy.com/legal/policy/cancellation-policy/253925018785

2 Likes

Jump to solution

@MiniMemoriesStore 

You must be confusing Etsy with Amazon. Buyers do not have the ability to cancel an order. They can request a cancellation. Actually, even on Amazon a buyer can cancel an order by pressing a button but there's no guarantee it'll be cancelled. I tried to cancel an order a few months ago because I found the item for less. It had already been prepared for shipping and I put in my request too late. I received the item and I was charged for it. 

2 Likes

Jump to solution

I would assume that when most people who post in here and mention a buyer cancelling, they are fully aware that a buyer can't just press a cancel button but that they would have to contact the seller, Etsy or the payment provider. It is just quicker asking did they buyer cancel or did something else happen, like Payment declined or something and Etsy went ahead and cancelled without the input from the buyer.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.