Clickable links in message to listing in my shop not working

Did Etsy change its policy on sharing clickable links within Etsy in messages or descriptions?

I know that Etsy does not allow adding URL links in your shop or messages that take you off Etsy. But I have in the past, I have been able to send customers a URL link to other products within my shop or elsewhere on Etsy that show up as clickable links. Today I sent a message to a customer with a link to another item in my shop for her to take a look at, but the link was not clickable and a preview of that listing didn't come up after the message, as I have used in the past.

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
6 Replies

Re: Clickable links in message to listing in my shop not working

I very recently sent a couple of links to specific items that a buyer asked about, there was no problem with them. 

1 Like

I sometimes have a problem if I’m copying and pasting the “share n save” link in a message. (I know I won’t get the commission, I do it because it is fastest to copy/paste with that button!). So I’ve resorted to copying the URL (just up to the listing ID, nothing after that) and dropping that in the message. Haven’t had any issues with that method

0 Likes

It has been working for me.  The fact you didn't see the image after sending it means it was not a good link (maybe a bit missing from front or end). I would just try again.

0 Likes

I just tested it after replying, and now not only does the share n save link work, it actually appeared on the recipient's end with a "buy it now | VISA **** " button!

0 Likes
runningonthewall
Inspiration Seeker

Having the same problem.  Any progress or solution Rebeca? 

0 Likes

It’s been working for me the past few days. I’m unsure what caused the initial problem, nor what fixed it. Etsy being Etsy, I guess! I’m crossing my fingers that yours will be resolved, too!

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.