QueerUpYourLife
Inspiration Seeker

Chosen color option doesn't show the picture with that color & Price changes

Jump to solution

Hey dears! I'm a newbie and making POD Products on Printify. I make listings with different color options. When one clicks on a different color than the thumbnail one, it doesn't show the corresponding picture.

When I offer two different shades of red, customers won't see which description belongs to which picture / which red to choose in the dropdown.

Is this solvable on Etsy? Or is this a Printify-Communication-Thing?

Etsy is also changing my prices waaay up. I'd personally never buy for that amount. If I take the price down, Etsy still adds a certain sum. If I take it down so much that the final customer price is what I intend (so with the added extra Etsy is putting on), my profit is gone.. I found out on the forum this is an issue that's not new and keeps coming back, but maybe there is a way to solve this. When I would sell a product with the higher price, I suspect it's not ALL coming my way, only the part I initially decided to have as a price (minus the fees, of course). So is Etsy trying to make extra profit here?

Thank you so much!!

Labels (3)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
HotOffHerHook
Conversation Maker

Re: Chosen color option doesn't show the picture with that color & Price changes

Jump to solution

The only 'answer' I can give you is on the color matching choice cilcked on......during the listing process, somewhere down by variations section, it will mention and show you how to LINK a color to that color choice.......that part's pretty easy but just takes an extra couple clicks on your part to set up.

View solution in original post

1 Like

Re: Chosen color option doesn't show the picture with that color & Price changes

Jump to solution

If you are using Etsy Variations then you need to link your photos to each option.  To do this Edit your variations and click to add photos.

How to Add Variations for Your Listings – Etsy

Etsy doesn't change prices but if you are listing in a currency other than your own then daily currency conversion rates can change your prices.  I looked at 2 listings.  One ships from the UK and the other ships from the US so I think this is indeed what is happening to your prices.

View solution in original post

1 Like
4 Replies
HotOffHerHook
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

The only 'answer' I can give you is on the color matching choice cilcked on......during the listing process, somewhere down by variations section, it will mention and show you how to LINK a color to that color choice.......that part's pretty easy but just takes an extra couple clicks on your part to set up.

1 Like

Jump to solution

If you are using Etsy Variations then you need to link your photos to each option.  To do this Edit your variations and click to add photos.

How to Add Variations for Your Listings – Etsy

Etsy doesn't change prices but if you are listing in a currency other than your own then daily currency conversion rates can change your prices.  I looked at 2 listings.  One ships from the UK and the other ships from the US so I think this is indeed what is happening to your prices.

1 Like

Jump to solution

As an EU located seller, your listings will show the price including VAT when you look at them as an EU buyer, because they all ship from outside the EU.

1 Like
QueerUpYourLife
Inspiration Seeker

Jump to solution

Thank you so much! I'll try to work this out with the listings..

Actually, Etsy DID change the prices. I found several posts from a while ago, stating that this happens from time to time. I checked with my GF, it gave a price in the listing, clicking on it gave the same price, but as soon as she put something in her cart, the price went back to the price I intended. Really strange.. 

Thank you so much for your help!

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.