Cha Ching Cash Register Sound

I heard the cash register go off as it does when I make a sale and it always startles me.  A while later I went to check and there was nothing there.  I reset the app and still nothing. Has anyone else experienced this before?

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
15 Replies

Re: Cha Ching Cash Register Sound

I wonder if it is a bit off lately. I got a cha ching on an item the other day that I had already shipped. The cha ching came through hours after the sale and shipping were completed. 

2 Likes
PinkGemDesigns
Inspiration Seeker

Yes happened to me a couple of days ago and I haven’t had any sales since which is very unusual not to have any over two days 

0 Likes

It's happened to me but I thought I imagined the chaching. 

0 Likes

Definitely delayed notifications.

1 Like
PinkGemDesigns
Inspiration Seeker

Me too at first but when I picked up my phone I had a push notification to say I had sold some digital paper but nothing shows any where

1 Like
EightMileVintage
Conversation Maker

This week I had a cha-ching that came almost exactly 48 hrs after the actual sale.

3 Likes

At the risk of sounding like a total ditz….There’s a television commercial with the cha-ching sound and every time I hear it, I think it heralds a sale…only to be disappointed when I realize it was just that stupid commercial again, LOL! So, could that cha-ching have come from another source? It’s more than likely a delayed Etsy notification,…but you never know.

6 Likes

There are a number of threads reporting similar issues. The consensus seems to be to manage orders via a browser not the app.

This issue (and many others) all seem to be related to how and when the Etsy Apps synchronize or don't - that is why it sometimes works to log out and then log back in or delete and reinstall the app. These actions appear to force the app to get fresh data.

0 Likes

Not a cha ching notification, but I, on more than one occasion have received random response messages from sellers, (for ex. Thank you to my personal message that item was shipped), from sales that happened years ago!

0 Likes

I have been getting delayed notifications here and there. I just received one from an order that I had a few days ago.  It has happened before. I came on here to see if anyone else was experiencing this. I tried resetting the app as well. 

0 Likes
cutebutton
Conversation Maker

I had it happen 2 times yesterday.  One was from an order that was placed within the last few days but the other was an order placed well over a week ago.  I'm not sure if the delayed alert was the first alert for that particular order since I typically am at my computer and see the orders on the website but I did think it was weird because I have had lots of orders after those two and they seemed to come in normally on the app.

0 Likes
FAROUTFISHWORKS
Inspiration Seeker

I lost “ the sound “ of the register on my mobile devices . Anybody know how I can get it back ? 

0 Likes

@FAROUTFISHWORKS  You had it before?  Check your phone volume for notifications - I had that turned off once, somehow!

This past month, I lost the sounds too, and finally I removed the app, then re-loaded it, and now it works!

0 Likes
FAROUTFISHWORKS
Inspiration Seeker

I’ll give it a try.

Thanks for the help ! 

0 Likes

This does seem to happen sporadically as I’ve had that happen before, then it usually fixes itself ( or they fix it?!) 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.