TheFuzzyBubble
Inspiration Seeker

Cannot set up a Shipping Profile; Error when trying to add domestic shipping services

Someone please help. I have searched old posts and do not see a fix for this problem, though I see others have had it. None of those threads have resolution on them, they've only been closed/archived by the Etsy Admin. 

I cannot set up a Shipping Profile. I click in the settings, in the proper place, and it allows me to bring up the Create Shipping Profile page. Every section gave me no issues, except 'Shipping Services'. Red box stating 'You need to add at least one domestic shipping service'. There's an Edit 'pencil'. I click that, and it just disappears, leaves the Red box error, and only gives me the option to 'Restore Defaults.' Click that, and then '0 mail classes' shows as the default. Same error, same edit pencil, click and it disappears. This happens both on the web version and the app, btw. 

So at this point I'm so frustrated. No way to add a Shipping Profile without a Shipping Service and no way to create even a draft Listing without adding a Shipping Profile. Etsy is so frustrating. I'm about to just give up. If anyone's experienced this and been able to solve it, please say how. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. 

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
13 Replies
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Re: Cannot set up a Shipping Profile; Error when trying to add domestic shipping services

Are you using flat rate or calculated shipping? I use flat rate and never had to add a carrier 

0 Likes
TheHomespunLoft
Conversation Maker

Re: Cannot set up a Shipping Profile; Error when trying to add domestic shipping services

@TheFuzzyBubble 

I just created one--. mine comes up with 6 USPS options as that is what I use.. when I click on that.. I can unclick the ones I don't use.. I didn't click on default as I don't need to. I only use calculated shipping as it is very simple to set it up once and forget it.. and if there is a rate change-- etsy adjusts it automatically for me.

0 Likes

Have you tried all the usual suggested fixes like clearing cache and cookies, trying another browser, rehooting etc etc? 

1 Like
BabyGirlBeautie
Inspiration Seeker

Have the exact same issue

0 Likes

OP, I looked at your vintage carved Chinese bracelet in the shop and it shows shipping to me in Texas as $8.75. What did you do to create that shipping service? Can you go to that listing and add a profile? 

0 Likes
SimplychalkedCo
Inspiration Seeker

I am having the same frustrating problem. I do not see a resolution on your page. Did you ever figure it out? I too am getting frustrated with Etsy.

0 Likes
LynnsLittleShop
Conversation Maker

I have the same problem, the only way I can list something is to use the old form on my laptop, use the copy feature and use profiles that I set up years ago. I hate that I can't edit the profiles as I would really like to raise some of the shipping prices but can't. 

The one thing you can do is include the shipping in the price and do free shipping. Here's a postage calculator I used to have in the settings on the manger page but no more,

Etsy Shipping Calculator: Get Rates for Labels You Buy on Etsy

I have done a few heavier things with flat rate by using the cost from the east coast to the west coast, I'm in Virginia to 90210 and writing in my listing that if it is less, I will refund the difference, as Etsy has a glitch that is not letting me use calculated shipping. 

0 Likes

I am having the same issues- it seems like a glitch. I've tried mobile and desktop versions, and it gives me no options... but I must choose an option! 

0 Likes
hdeanes
Inspiration Seeker

Anyone find a fix to this? I have tried rebooting, clearing caches, other browsers, etc. Nothing is working.

0 Likes

If I set up my item on one delivery option such as media mail and decide to change it to Ground Advantage when creating the shipping label, when I click the SELECT button, it goes to the top of the page - it won't let me select. 

I can't use the new listing form because it does that same thing when I make a selection while creating a listing - it won't let me select on the buttons - it sends me to the top of the page.  I put on listings and ship items every day - this is really frustrating.  I have tried rebooting, clearing the cache, changing my mouse, etc.

Hope we find something SOON!

0 Likes
LynnsLittleShop
Conversation Maker

@TheFuzzyBubble and @BabyGirlBeautie and @SimplychalkedCo and @LooseLeafPortland and @hdeanes

If your settings for profiles are stuck and you can't edit them or make a new profile, and you can't see on the new listing form anywhere for the weight and dimensions for calculated shipping, your shop location may be blank in Etsy's system.

I just used chat and In less than 5 minutes my shipping page is now what it is supposed to be. I hope this helps sellers that have been dealing with this problem.

0 Likes

just started experiencing these same problems today and can't create listings until it's fixed. i received no help from live chat, an hour on the phone with 'help' or from the email sent by technical. the problem is coming from etsy's end, not my browser or cache.

0 Likes
LynnsLittleShop
Conversation Maker

I went to the chat bubble on my dashboard page and wrote this:

I am having trouble with my shipping profile page. I can't edit or make a new profile. Another seller wrote in the forums that help fixed theirs by making sure their location was set for the United States. Can you check that for me?

my technician knew what was wrong:

"I have taken a look into your account and I would like to inform you that your shop data country is blank that is the reason you are unable to select US as location."

That fixed it. 

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.