Cannot message the seller from sales page

Jump to solution

I ordered a table runner today from a seller whose sales page message box, frustratingly, isn't long enough for me to submit a message or the image she'll need for the runner. I checked other sellers message boxes, and they are all the correct size. I even tried other browsers and in those it was worse - message section doesn't even show up, and there's no scrolling bar to bring anything up to a point where you could leave a message. 

Can this be corrected? I haven't given the seller's name here, as I don't know what's appropriate, except names will be needed in order to correct the situation. It's not the seller's fault. For now, I know I'll have to wait for the seller to contact me which, hopefully, will be sometime today.

Thank you for reading this.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Re: Cannot message the seller from sales page

Jump to solution

@DreamWyndWhispers   Etsy displays shops differently.  Sometimes the description is over to the right, and sometimes it is right under the photo.

My guess is whatever is on that shop's page is being displayed differently by Etsy and the elements are interfering with each other.  Sorry, but this is just the type of thing Etsy does sometimes. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ETA:  Another reason could be that your screen is zoomed in too far.  Try zooming out to display the entire message window.  I have to do that frequently on Etsy.

View solution in original post

1 Like

Jump to solution

I've noticed that, yes. But, I don't have a problem with where descriptions get placed. 

I did zoom out that particular shop and happily, it did resize the window so the submit arrow could be reached.

Thanks so much for that, Susan! And thanks to all who took the time to respond to my little problem! Just so awesome!

View solution in original post

1 Like
11 Replies

Jump to solution

you could try clearing the cache, or using a different browser

however, we are only other sellers here, If you need to log a call with etsy - community and help, contact us - keep going until you get to "I still need help"

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Thanks for your reply. I did use other browsers and they were worse than Chrome. Clearing the cache didn't help. As this is a technical issues section, I thought it might be a good place to start.

Heading over to log a call . . .

0 Likes
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Jump to solution

Use a browser and not the app.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Using my PC, not an app. I don't use my phone for things like this. I like a bigger screen to work with.

1 Like

Jump to solution

@DreamWyndWhispers  Just go directly to Messages and send from there.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

Okay. Would I use her name or her store name to contact her. Or does it matter?

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@DreamWyndWhispers   I've sent you a Message directly through the Message Center using your username. 

It looks like it went through, so that is how you can contact your seller directly.  Instructions for how to find someone's username is included in the message I sent.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@DreamWyndWhispers - If you have already placed the order I'm guessing what you may be seeing is the "Help With Order" message box?
Etsy gives you various titles/options for the message & then a little advice that you can open a case after 48 hours have passed?

If this is what you are seeing, try going to the shop's main page, click on the message link - then pay attention to the very bottom of the message window that pops up. Very faint, but the window to send a regular message (not a "help" one) should be there.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

I am speaking about the message window on the main page of the shop.

It is there.

BUT, the bottom of the window is cut off so that you can't see what you're typing, and the Submit button isn't there at all. You can't scroll to bring it up.

I finally went to Messages - I don't know why I thought I couldn't send from there until she messaged first - and we'll see if I got it right. Just would be great if the shop message window could be corrected so people could use it.

All other shops I visited had message windows that presented correctly.

0 Likes

Jump to solution

@DreamWyndWhispers   Etsy displays shops differently.  Sometimes the description is over to the right, and sometimes it is right under the photo.

My guess is whatever is on that shop's page is being displayed differently by Etsy and the elements are interfering with each other.  Sorry, but this is just the type of thing Etsy does sometimes. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ETA:  Another reason could be that your screen is zoomed in too far.  Try zooming out to display the entire message window.  I have to do that frequently on Etsy.

1 Like

Jump to solution

I've noticed that, yes. But, I don't have a problem with where descriptions get placed. 

I did zoom out that particular shop and happily, it did resize the window so the submit arrow could be reached.

Thanks so much for that, Susan! And thanks to all who took the time to respond to my little problem! Just so awesome!

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.