Can't set up cyber sale again after ending it

Hi! I set up the cyber sale from the link in my shop they posted, but I did it wrong- so ended it. Now when I try to click on the link again, it says it's already set up and won't let me do it again even though I ended it.

suggestions?

thanks!

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
19 Replies

Re: Can't set up cyber sale again after ending it

Set up whatever sale you want, and input the same code name it said when you set it up from the link.

1 Like

It doesn’t allow for the same date range. Also, I have a feeling that their link gives priority on being seen. I just want to be able to do it the way they told us is there anyone that knows how to get it to reset?

2 Likes
WPshoppe
Crafty Poster

@laurenblythedesigns 

try clearing your cookies/history and restart your computer. Sometimes that will reset it. You may, however, find yourself in some needless Etsy test, though. Good with the bad I suppose...

1 Like

@WPshoppe- did that and even tried a new browser. I just want to be able to use their link as I think it MATTERS for the sale and also as I stated doesn't allow same date range so I'd have to run it, have it end and star again.

1 Like

just got off Etsy call- basically once you use the link- even if you ended the sale- you can no longer use that link. So for me to set this up - since it's over 30 days I have to set up TWO sales and can only use the cyber2023 code once so there you have it.  Not happy at all about this.

2 Likes
ClaudJewelers
Inspiration Seeker

Very helpful, had the same issue..

but if i create my own sale will i still be included in Esty cyber sale?

0 Likes

Wow, that's amazingly foolish that Etsy gives sellers only one shot at that. Etsy is making a lot of sellers unhappy lately...this is just another one of their illogical and crazy implementations. No rhyme without reason!

1 Like
NoFrogsAllowed
Conversation Maker

@laurenblythedesigns 

Schedule a sale of 25% off or more between October 23 and November 29 for the chance to have your items featured.  Our quick action tool makes it easy to schedule your sale in one click.

Nowhere does it say that the sale has to run from October 23 thru November 29.  It says between, so it could conceivably be one day out in the middle.  Also, it doesn't say you have to use their quick action tool, it just says it makes it easier.

As for the over 30 days problem.  Divide it up into 2 scheduled sales.  Schedule one to end  and schedule the next one to begin the next day.  Chances of anyone buying between. 11:59 pm one day and 12:01 am the next day are infinitesimal.  If you do that you can use the same name for both sales.  If you want them to overlap you will have to use different names.

0 Likes

This just happened to me yesterday:(… I am so frustrated with Etsy. 
Do you know if you generate your own sale if it will have a similar algorithm as their “link” sales?

0 Likes
NoFrogsAllowed
Conversation Maker

@BumbleAndCotton 

If you will notice, in the original cybersale announcement it doesn't say you have to use their one click link, it just says it is for your convenience, so you should be fine setting up your own sale.

1 Like

I also did the same thing and was told they would pass me on to a department that would fix it, they haven't...

1 Like

I just did it too. So... any news about that? This is just ridiculous!

1 Like
saltboxpress
Inspiration Seeker

This happened to me just now too. I inadvertently ended the sale and now I can't go back and redo. I want to be included in their link. I don't want to set up my own sale. 

1 Like
TBQSC
Community Maker

Have you seen this forum post?   If you are participating in Etsy's cyber sale... 

0 Likes

Why isn't Etsy giving us this info directly?  I'm not sure what to believe at this point.

1 Like
TBQSC
Community Maker

self deleted

0 Likes
NoFrogsAllowed
Conversation Maker

That thread doesn't make a whole lot of sense as it is a sale and you don't have to give out codes to anyone.  I am assuming you are supposed to name your 2 separate sales  as EARLYDEALS2023 and CYBERDEALS2023.

1 Like

I understand that if we end the sale we can't get it back.  Why is there no clarification directly from Etsy to us on this issue?

0 Likes
NoFrogsAllowed
Conversation Maker

Etsy doesn't clarify anything.  They probably don't even see it as a problem since they don't say you have to set up through their one click set up.  They just say it is for convenience.

I would never use their one click set up.  They don't have a good track record when it comes to setting them up.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.