Can't load pictures from my phone onto Etsy on my laptop.

For months I have not been ablet to list anything. I missed the ENTIRE Christmas season. After the last change Etsy made I can no longer take pictures on my phone and load them onto my new listing. I did get a hold of a tech a while back and he told me to get completely out of Etsy and then uninstall the Etsy app and reinstall it. It worked for two pictures and now since then it doesn't work at all. I got aggravated and started selling more on Ebay and set up an account on Mercari. I don't want to set up more accounts, I would rather sell on Etsy. When I try to find help on the tech side, they send me to the forums. No one there seems to be able to help. Why does Etsy make it so  hard to get customer service??? I have had to contact Ebay a few times. They have their help button all the way at the top of the page so easy to find. Within a couple minutes I can either have Ebay on the phone or do a chat. Why does Etsy make it so hard??? Does anyone know how I can actually speak to someone in customer service or the tech side???? any help would be GREATLY appreciated. 

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
6 Replies

Re: Can't load pictures from my phone onto Etsy on my laptop.

I'd skip the app totally. If you have a laptop, download your pix from your phone via a cord  to the laptop and  try listing via a browser . Or try listing via a browser on your phone?  What path are you trying currently? Also if you are having issues with a browser, try a different one.

3 Likes

are they not loading at all? Are they too large? You might need to resize them on your phone via edit or reset your phone photo size if possible.

0 Likes
VogueVixens
Community Maker

Load your phone photos onto your laptop, then do your listing through a browser, not the app. The new app is crummy.

0 Likes

Forget about Etsy for a second

Download your photos from your phone to your computer ... the process will vary depending on the type of phone you have ... but there are tons of internet instructions for downloading photos from a phone to a computer.

Once the photos are on your computer ... open Etsy and use the photos on your computer for your listings.

1 Like

You can always email the photos to yourself if you are having difficulties connecting your phone to your computer

1 Like

When I used my phone for pix I had issues with them being too high quality and I had to resize them which was a PITA.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.