Can't get past first page of favorites

Etsy has been mucking with the favorites page and I can't get past the first page. It won't load and I keep getting "bad request" if I click on anything. Hate the "similar items" at the end of EACH row. The are trying to group the favorites into categories, no thank you. I can do that myself. I went to shop from my favorites as I mostly do but can't now. 

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
4 Likes
18 Replies

Re: Can't get past first page of favorites

It seems Etsy is doing everything in its power to make it really difficult to shop here.

14 Likes

Just got a pop up "We've grouped the items you love so you can more easily browse your Favorites, compare, and shop more smoothly than ever."

Yeah, really? Can't ETSY release a single thing without a glitch????? It's NEVER easier, Etsy always makes it harder. So tired of the daily changes. No wonder sales are way down. We can group ourselves with the "collection" folders. Complete nonsense. I don't want my favorite page clogged with "similar items" at the end every single row. All this new crap is why it won't load. 

10 Likes

I wish I could insert that gif image of a dumpster in flames floating in a moving flood of water, because that's etsy these days with all the simultaneous problems going on

3 Likes

''We've grouped the items you love so you can...''

Is that why the items in my private collections have not been in the same order as they were favorited for months now?  Is that why items that I favorited 8 years ago are now on page one and the thing I favorited yesterday is on page 4?? It doesn't happen on my public main favorite list, just the private ones.  

I haven't seen any pop out explaining why they're messing with my private lists either.  You'd think since Etsy just loves pop ups, outs, slides etc., that this ''we're screwing with your private lists'' explanation would have popped out months ago.

ETA - Scratch that.   I just went to my public favorite list which was now out of order and yes, there's the pop up.   I toggled it to 'off'.   Unfortunately, there's nothing popping up on the private lists, so no way to turn them off.  

3 Likes
FeltWithAHeart
Conversation Maker

@TheVintagePineapple I've hated that about the private collections for quite a while now. I like things to stay as I add them, but as you said, they keep throwing them up in the air and letting them settle any old way now. What's the point of it?

2 Likes
EightMileVintage
Conversation Maker

@TheVintagePineapple  They started rearranging private collections a few years ago. It drives me crazy. Like most vintage sellers here, I keep private lists of things for research purposes. They are constantly being rearranged.

1 Like
DollHeaven
Conversation Maker

Thank you for the warning - it made me go and check my favourites.  Yes, they had been grouped in categories and I couldn't see all of them.  Thank you @TheVintagePineapple for making me aware there was a toggle off button otherwise I wouldn't have noticed it easily so I could and did turn it off.

1 Like
FeltWithAHeart
Conversation Maker

And now I also see that mine went back to the way they were for a few days last week, where the faved items don't show the shop name, just the price, shipping cost, estimated delivery date and if returns are accepted. I hated it last week, and I still hate it! I wish they'd stop playing with things that don't need fixing....or tests, or whatever this nonsense is!

2 Likes

My favorites are messed up too. I don't see any. I thought it was just me messing something up when I went on vacation mode.

0 Likes

First Etsy gave Us constant annoying POP UPS to tell IF it is rare,or in other carts,HURRY UP and BUY Buy Buy etc. to the point I do not place Listings in MY Cart because I am BUGGED the whole time something sits in my cart
I COULD NOT STAND a month of constant Yellow Mothers day Banners...every move I made in Etsy that Banner stalked me and Yellow in excess is unhealthy mentally 
https://www.verywellmind.com/the-color-psychology-of-yellow-2795823#:~:text=While%20it%20can%20be%20....

NOW we have slow LOAD in Favorites and error messages and Etsy Insisting on Grouping Favorites
This move seriously Ticks Me Off Now
The Order of my Favorites aids me in Shopping
WE are perfectly capable of Grouping OUR OWN Favorites in Folders

I believe Sales are slow from what I get from Sellers
People do not Like Change in Websites instead it is the comfort of Finding Saving and Shopping with Ease
Etsy Promotes ONLY New Items 90% of the Time which screws over Vintage Sellers
And Last for Today the RELEVANCE filter is Ridiculous 

As a Happy SHOPPER for years in Etsy I am becoming very Unhappy

OH and ETSY FIX what is Really and isn't NOT free shipping I have and I am sure the Sellers and Shoppers are waiting and tired of this Hassle Constantly

1 Like

I could no longer see my favorite shops when I click on favorites.  However I found the link in the upper right corner of the page in a little section called "Your Collections" - the "Your shops" link is there.  I almost didn't see that because it is so small and removed from the main part of the page.  Personally when I go to favorites, I want to see my favorite shops, not items. So I just deleted all of my favorited items and the shops link reappeared where it was before.  Not sure why Etsy would want to hide information that could lead to more sales.

0 Likes

I'm someone who generally goes with the flow of a website's changes. I try to adapt and just get used to things. Usually it is ok. But it is truly bizarre just how often Etsy changes things.

Like, why? LOL Rarely does it seem to improve anything. And they never focus on fixing things that are a problem, only changing things up (i.e. breaking new things). Kinda mind boggling. 

1 Like

You can toggle the new grouping feature off but you have to do it every single time you open your favorites. SUPER annoying.  Just like the pop ups. You click them closed and in 3 seconds, they pop up again. 

3 Likes

Again, TickleYourWitch, it's purely change for the sake of change, and so they can say "We're constantly making improvements to our site!"

0 Likes
MouseGarden
Conversation Maker

For over a month my ad page said oops every time I loaded it.  And my shop banner would load 3/4 of the way and then the rest of it would load about half a minute later.  Both these problems have now gone away, which is good, but when a shopper is just starting out on Etsy, it doesn't leave a great impression when so many things don't work.  Sometimes it's check out!

Customers have been complaining a lot on other sites about how they usually use their favourites to shop and now they either can't access them or they actively deleted them because of the pop up thing.  

0 Likes

HATE the new favorite grouping feature with a passion, not to mention you have to turn if off every time you go to that page or click anywhere.  At least allow it to stay off if I choose to have it that way.  Another Etsy blunder, so typical.

2 Likes
SilverSwanEstate
Inspiration Seeker

Is there a way to turn off the "Group Favorites" function permanently, so I don't have to turn it off every time I look at my favorites page?  Grouping by categories isn't helpful for me. Anybody know how to do that? 

Thanks! Jenny

1 Like
DollHeaven
Conversation Maker

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any way to toggle it off permanently and you are right - it isn't very helpful at all.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.