Can't do purchase reviews

When I click on the Review Your Purchases I just get the never ending circle. Is anyone else having this issue? I have in the past used both the click on reviews and going to Purchases and Reviews but neither seems to be working now.  I buy a lot on Etsy and as a seller also, it is important to me to review items. Shall I assume this is something that Etsy is working on? It is rather annoying that Etsy pretty much forces it on you and if you leave an item open, it won't go away. I would rather not review than leave a bad review as I have seen negative reviews on new shops dishearten them to the point they close up. It seems Etsy could stand to improve this and while reviews are important to a shop, when it is the first thing you see all the time, it does become annoying. I would rather have a reminder a few days after receiving. There have been times it wants me to review even before I have received the product. 

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
7 Replies

Re: Can't do purchase reviews

yeap i have had one to review since the 26/6 and cant leave a review because the window wont open up, i did email Etsy about it as you just get a box come up saying they cant find your recent purchases, the email was sent a fews days ago and not heard anything back from them!

0 Likes

My last two customers within 24 hrs who have posted reviews weren't allowed to select 5 stars, only four. They got error messages on 5 stars option! So nicely worded review, but only 4 stars now in my shop- 2x in a row. They had difficulty as well to even start. 

0 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

@empressivedesigns 
When a Customer is NOT given the Option to leave 5 Stars (4 is the highest as in your case), it's due to an older mobile app.  It's also an inaccurate Review if it isn't what the Customer intended. But Etsy was aware of this way before the SS Metrics were put into play.  
It sounds like your Customer was conversing with you about it.  So you may tell her she could try from a browser or use a computer. (If she didn't ask you about it or mention it, I would not let a Customer know when receiving a 4 Star).

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

@OdysseyCreations   @daisysjewellerygifts   I wonder if this has anything to do with more glitches (Announced earlier).  Admin stated they are now fixed and if having trouble, clear cache/cookies.
https://community.etsy.com/t5/Technical-Issues/RESOLVING-Difficulties-editing-or-posting-listings/m-...

Hope this will help.

1 Like

i did that quite a few times when it happened and did not help at all, so will just have to wait and see if Etsy ever get back to me.

0 Likes
ChillwolfArt
Conversation Maker

@daisysjewellerygifts 

I'm sorry that didn't help.  Hope you hear back from Etsy. 

1 Like

My problem is that I am getting the Review Your Purchase notice daily for an item that I have not received (and is probably lost in the mail). When I click on it, Etsy says it can't load my purchases.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.