MrPOTnVIOLETS
Inspiration Seeker

Can not update my account type

I switched my accounts type from SSN to LLC, provided valid and accurate info. All accounts got suspended a few days after, saying info does not match IRS records. Which is not true, i can provide all paperwork info is correct. I use that info to open Business Accounts with my bank and on other platforms, all accurate.

While I was waiting on ETSY support to help without sending generic responds, decided to switch my account type back to SSN (need to mention, i was using SSN personal account on etsy for 5 year prior). So the system does not let me change it, giving an error "There was an error saving your taxpayer information. Please try again." The same story on both accounts.

I'm trying for 3 days, does not work. ETSY does not help too. Told me they created a ticket, no help. Accounts are still frozen

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
1 Like
5 Replies
MrPOTnVIOLETS
Inspiration Seeker

Re: Can not update my account type

And I tried troubleshoot and use a different browser, it did not help

0 Likes

@MrPOTnVIOLETS   All names have to match including bank account.

If you are the only member of your shop you are considered a disregarded entity in spite of the LLC.  How to Verify Your Seller Information for Etsy Payments – Etsy Help

If you file taxes as an individual, you may need to use your personal name,  

0 Likes
MrPOTnVIOLETS
Inspiration Seeker

Thank you for the response. Yes, all names match, including the bank account.

However, I double check with my accountant, he confirmed I'm not a disregarded entity cause I file my business’ taxes separately from my personal taxes.

Can it be the cause of the issue? Cause i choose "No" for disregarded entity based on the way how i file taxes

0 Likes
BodaciousTieDyes
Inspiration Seeker

I'm having the same issue trying to swap from LLC to sole proprietorship

1 Like

@BODM , @MrPOTnVIOLETS 

I was having similar issues trying to switch from a sole proprietor to an LLC. It kept saying they couldn't verify my account etc. I never received a response from Etsy Support so I tried typing my LLC's Secretary of State Identification number into the "Business Registration Number" instead of the account number that is actually on my Certificate of Registration. This did the trick and I was immediately verified. Is it possible that you made the same mistake and put the wrong number in this section. I found my number on the "Articles of Organization" form that was submitted to my State (State of Illinois) when I initially formed my LLC. It is located on the top right hand side of the form and is labeled as a "file" number. It is 8 digits long in the state Illinois, I'm not sure about other states.   

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.