SimsSho
Inspiration Seeker

Can I sell print on demand custom jewelry?

I want to sell birth flower bracelets with custom engraving that a print on demand company does for me. I don’t do anything. Is this allowed?

Labels (2)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
6 Replies

Re: Can I sell print on demand custom jewelry?

You have to contribute to some part of the process. Are you creating or designing any part of the bracelet?

4 Likes
DesertChains
Conversation Maker

So… you’re not actually doing anything, not even designing. You are just the middle man.

Production partners are allowed if they are creating products using your original designs. That doesn’t seem to be what you intend.

6 Likes

Based on your statement, "I don’t do anything."

The answer is no. 

You need to have part in the process. 

Plus, to have a chance at selling, you need to stand out from all the other shops offering similar items. What would make your bracelets stand out from every other shop also linking to a POD company?

4 Likes

You would have to design the element that gets engraved in order for it to be permitted. It'd have to be something really good with a heavy demand though, since custom birth flower jewellery is a deeply, deeply deeply saturated market.

1 Like

When you use a production partner (POD), ALL the design must be your own. It was nice of you to ask. Pity more POD-shops just jump right in after watching the 'expert' on youtube instead of asking and/or reading the rules first.

1 Like

Etsy has been shutting down shops that sell similar things with inspirational and other sayings on them.  They even stopped shops from linking their shops to these websites.  Not only did these shops not have anything to do with the design of the jewelry, they had no choice in choosing the card stock, the background on the card stock and the saying printed on the cards.  So I would say no unless you designed the jewelry yourself and the company sold it only to your customers.  If you just choose from stock items, they don't meet Etsy's definition of handmade.

2 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.