While I am sure it is just me - I just don't understand why you cannot get someone on the phone anymore.  After the support rabbit hold of links, redirects, and similar tax ID issues, online (when it allows me to log in) it states come back and check in an hour.  My tax data was updated on 02/22/2023, and yesterday it asked again to update the info.  I would attach if I could, but it states my ID and data is validated, but shut my site down.

Now I am being asked for two factor authentication using the app, which was never set up, so I cannot access the security settings to capture the QR code to get the login data, which is now an endless loop of needing the QR code, but not being able to get said QR code, to set up the app, as you have to be logged in to obtain said QR code. 

Does anyone have a phone number or way to simply just ask what the issue is?  I am on day 2 and have a half doze of unanswered emails.  I am past frustrated and just launched a few new products so the timing couldn't be worse.

~EE

Re: CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME UNDERSTAND WHY GETTING AHOLD OF ETSY SUPPORT IS SO DIFFICULT?

Remember THE WIZARD of OZ" and the "Man Behind the Curtain"?

That's ETSY.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
8 Likes

Re: CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME UNDERSTAND WHY GETTING AHOLD OF ETSY SUPPORT IS SO DIFFICULT?

I mean - I thought you were joking, but I am beginning to think this is legit.

1 Like
barkrock
Crafty Poster

Pretty much for the same reason as to why we can't find the fountain of youth, ElDorado, geese that lay golden eggs, the real Santa Claus, or the answer to the question of life, the universe, and everything.

Just like these things, Etsy ''support'' doesn't exist.

7 Likes

RE, BBB,   does that agency have teeth to  enforce anything? should this not be sent to your states AG's office they could help or point you in the right direction, and what about the FTC  they seem to have the power to guide, investigate and  fix these profound issues

0 Likes

[removed]

I am not sure if you all can view this exchange, but we are on day 8 - the Better Business Bureau is involved, and still when I contact Etsy support they walk me through the exact same steps hat already show as verified on my account.

I decided to post a new item and BOOM!  I can pay money to post items, even though they will not activate my old items.  They also stated there are a "lot" of similar cases.  I hope this comes to resolution so I can help the next seller avoid this.

The supervisors names are[removed] and[removed], who both said on Tuesday and Thursday they would each call me back in 24 hours.  I am still waiting.

0 Likes

Day 9, still zero call back or information. Zero emails. Now they are refusing to provide supervisor names and are stating the "situation is escalated".

0 Likes

UPDATE!  I got a call back from a supervisor!!!! - HA! just kidding, not funny but funny.

Requested a call back and spoke with Emily at 12:43pm local time on 03/07. [removed] stated she was going to document my conversation and “double check” and I would get a call back from a supervisor, because she "double checked".

I asked[removed] what changed, and why a supervisor would call me back now, given I have had three people tell me that same line over the last 6 days, and no one has called me back. She said that because she was going to document it – they would this time.

Supervisors who would not get on the phone to simply tell me why my shop is closed, as my tax ID is verified as is my photo ID.

-[removed]: Per my documented conversation with[removed] on 3/01 in ticket #[removed],[removed] was supposed to call me back on, NO CALL BACK, NO EMAIL UPDATE, NO TICKET UPDATE

-[removed]: Per my documented conversation with[removed] on 3/03 in ticket #[removed],[removed] was supposed to call me back on, NO CALL BACK, NO EMAIL UPDATE, NO TICKET UPDATE

-[removed]: Per my documented conversation with[removed] on 3/06 in ticket #[removed],[removed] was supposed to call me back on, NO CALL BACK, NO EMAIL UPDATE, NO TICKET UPDATE

0 Likes

Start of day 16 with no Etsy shop. Losing all my followers and about $1000 per day. 

Now $16,000 estimated loss at this point which doesn’t include brand damage. 

Even though the Etsy website and app states it will stay active while you investigate. 

- [REMOVED]: Per my documented conversation with[REMOVED] on 3/01 in ticket #[REMOVED],[REMOVED] was supposed to call me back on, NO CALL BACK, NO EMAIL UPDATE, NO TICKET UPDATE

-[REMOVED]: Per my documented conversation with[REMOVED] on 3/03 in ticket #[REMOVED],[REMOVED] was supposed to call me back on, NO CALL BACK, NO EMAIL UPDATE, NO TICKET UPDATE

-[REMOVED]: Per my documented conversation with[REMOVED] on 3/06 in ticket #[REMOVED],[REMOVED] was supposed to call me back on, NO CALL BACK, NO EMAIL UPDATE, NO TICKET UPDATE

0 Likes

Your shop appears to be open.

0 Likes

Thanks for the input. You may not have had a chance to read all the details, but to prove a point - I elected to pay for a new listing, as opposed to leaving my shop in vacation mode.  I was able to post a new listing, proving my Tax ID had been verified, and the 40+ items that were "deactivated by etsy" due to Tax ID issues was a glitch. 

They confirmed this today that there are hundreds of other sellers having the same issue - which makes me wonder if Etsy is having larger challenges with their systems.

There is also a brand damage and financial component to holding back someones items, but allowing them to pay more money to list new ones. 

1 Like

I have been going through something very similar and it has been a headache to say the least. I believe my information was originally correct, but my shop was suspended regarding a glitch? Glad you are back up and running. 

0 Likes

Not back up and running yet - on day 18 of being down. 

0 Likes

since it is difficult to find direct links to reach support i’ve collected them when sellers mentioned they found help.  i hope one of these will work for you:

here is a link to the “how to contact support” from the seller’s handbook.

here is a link to initiate chat or email.

here is a link to request a callback.

or try this link or this link to email them.

if you email them you *should* get an automated reply and once you do, you must reply to this email that their automated best guess solutions did not work (something like “i still need help” is sufficient). if you do not complete this step, no further action will be taken on your issue/question so it’s critical.

it’s easy to think “the squeaky wheel gets the grease” and barrage support with multiple daily emails thinking it will speed things up. in reality doing so actually slows things down, because the software used to log and keep track of customer support calls and e-mails uses an automated ticketing system.  the date/time stamp of your last email will become your new place in the queue where it will search to see if you have other support tickets and combined them all into one (so all of your issues/questions can be addressed at once.) every new email resets the time stamp associated with your issue/question and takes you back to the end of the queue.

*** none of these links seem to work all the time. also know they may, or may not work outside the usa, may or may not work outside non-standard usa business hours (m-f & 8-5) and like many companies on major holidays, support may be limited, if available at all (hopefully holidays are posted in advance before a new year begins but i do not know if etsy does this)***

3 Likes

Appreciate all the detail and insight. 

What’s odd is everyone that I speak with advised me to make some change, which to your point - resets the clock. 

Then I’ll request another call back who will advise me I shouldn’t do that. Luckily I document each call, then update the ticket with the information to who told me to do what. 

They have said there are thousands of shops in this same situation. 

0 Likes

It has been 6 weeks and yes, this has been damaging to my business not to mention the stress on me mentally. I have called and all I get is the same answers.... "ETSY is aware and is working on the issue, I will escalate your ticket to Urgent". 

0 Likes

I am wondering if anyone on this thread has had their problem fixed and, if so, how it was finally resolved. I have the exact same problem but am on day 2. I am so worried that this will drag on with no resolution.

1 Like

Hello @Flusteredcreative and @KBsEmbroideryGifts - I did recently obtain resolution.  It took the Better Business Bureau 4 weeks, and while I am not sure this had an influence, make sure you ask each person for their name, and always demand a supervisor.  You will never get one - so ask for the managers name.  It will take 5-10 requests, so take a deep breath prior, but once you get that just begin documenting.  Its a terrible customer service protocol, but its all they have.  Everyone will claim to be "part of the finance department", which they are not. 

I would also note they will not transfer any star seller achievements due to the month of business lost, nor will they transfer reviews if you elect to open a new shop. 

0 Likes

I received this email last week...

Hi there, 

Since reaching out to us, our team has been able to identify and resolve an issue impacting taxpayer verification for some sellers. Our engineers reviewed the impacted population and ran them through verification once more. This re-verification corrected the issue in most accounts and we ask that you review your shop at this time. 

If your account is showing as verified and no longer frozen, there is no further action you need to take. 

If your account is still frozen, please resubmit your taxpayer information and respond to this email if your account is not unfrozen. 

Please don't hesitate reach out via a new support ticket if you have additional concerns.

Needless to say.... after 8 weeks, I am still down. 

0 Likes

Oh, and I earned a Customer Service Badge for May! All because I had smooth shipping and rave reviews!

That's funny, seeing how I have not been able to sell anything since March 6th!

2 Likes

Etsy has completely changed. It is impossible to report fakes etc. no help in reserves. No answers other than canned responses. Shops are leaving for good reason. No seller protection. 

3 Likes

I did finally get this resolved, but you are correct.  The rub is that their platform for digital files and cost model is slick, and simple to create and advertise.  Until a Shopify or another firm creates a smooth user experience Etsy will continue to dominate.

0 Likes

@Dexcywhat I found is that some of the links have request a call back, request a chat session, or contact directly.  If you keep visiting those pages and try the option, then go back and refresh, the "cookie" knows you are technically coming back for help and will enable new options.  So the same link will not have request a call back and only chat, but 5 minutes later will.

0 Likes

@EmeraldLaneVintagethe BBB does have the ability to enforce, however Etsy is not as concerned with their BBB rating which is the lowest I have ever seen.  The bigger issue is Etsy onboards sellers immediately to start getting revenue, then when you hit $400-$500 they have to report you to the IRS, which is something they should be doing in parallel the day you open an account. 

0 Likes

Here we are, we are on week 16. If ETSY really cared about # standwithsmall, I believe they would be reaching out and trying to help one on one. 

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.