Hello. I haven’t sold anything yet. Today a buyer told me that they are unable to purchase any of my listings. They get an error when they try to purchase. Why is this happening and how can I fix? I then had my wife try to purchase something and she got the error too. Please help.

Re: Buyers unable to purchase anything from my shop.

@agoddessontheloose,  what @TheVintagePineapple said. If they are asking for your email, it's a scam. If they want to take things off-site, it's a scam. There's a scam-prevention thread on the forums. Please take the time to read it and protect yourself. These scamming B's are everywhere.

Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
2 Likes

@TheVintagePineapple 

its my friend that went to buy a product..she’s tried multiple times. The message says “hmm, something went wrong. Try again?” I’m wondering if this has been going on bc a number of my products are in a couple different carts and I haven’t gotten any sales yet. I know just bc they’re in carts doesn’t necessarily mean anything as far as sales, I’m just wondering if they’re related. 

2 Likes
IndigoandLuxe
Conversation Maker

It's been going on for two days, everything you click on will give you that orange screen. I checked and neither me nor my competitor had any sales, and we usually get tons of sales on Fridays and Saturdays between the two of us. Google Analytics also just went kaput on me because of whatever Etsy was doing to create this glitch. Welcome to Etsy.

1 Like

I am experiencing the same problem I’ve had my store open over a year and I have not had one cell I had a similar problem with someone trying to purchase an item a few months back now I have a buyer who is present at all his credit card information his current address is the same as his credit card it looks very legitimate but for some reason the deal is not going through 

0 Likes

It may look very legitimate - how do you know if you've never sold anything on Etsy?

Even if this person is having issues, there is nothing you can - or SHOULD do.

Send them straight to Etsy Support -

https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?segment=selling

1 Like

@TopHatCollectibles Please refer to your OP:

Complication of selling item to buyer - Welcome to the Etsy Community

Sellers have no idea what is shown on a buyer's credit card and we don't know their address until the order has gone through.  Whatever this ''buyer'' showed or told you could be fake.

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.