Buyers reviewing more than one item?

Please forgive me if this has already been answered elsewhere, but I’ve tried to figure it out on my own. If a buyer purchases two different products and leaves a review for each product, then why would that not count as two reviews? I would’ve still been short for star seller purposes, but I’m still curious.

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
13 Replies
NanaLetha
Community Maker

Re: Buyers reviewing more than one item?

It does count as 2 reviews.

0 Likes

I would think it would, but that’s not what I’m seeing, unless I’m just missing something very obvious.

For example,I’m seeing 37 separate reviews from March, April, and May. 3 of those are 4 star reviews, and 33 were 5 star reviews. My dashboard says that I only had 29 five star reviews. If I only count the buyer (and not each review), that’s the only way that the math matches.Just confused.

0 Likes

@FindingTrail 
Were some of them given on the last few days of May? Those may have been too late to make it onto May's CSV.

I'm pretty sure each item's review counts. I just had a bunch of 4-star reviews from one order and my percentage took a nosedive.

2 Likes

@Adorabilities  I had one 5 star review on May 25th. I misspoke earlier, I’m counting34 five star reviews for those 3 months. My dashboard says I had 29. Like I said, I know it wouldn’t have mattered, and star seller really isn’t my issue. I just always thought I could count to 30-something (higher, even!).

2 Likes

@Adorabilities  Unless the 5 star reviews that just have star ratings with no words aren’t counted? I’m counting5 of those.

0 Likes

I don’t know about it counting for the star seller but the customer can leave a review for every item they buy. If the buy 20 items then they can leave 20 reviews. 

0 Likes
NanaLetha
Community Maker

You are 3 four star reviews for the current star seller period. It takes 19 five star reviews to overcome one 4-star.

0 Likes

Yes, I understand that it wouldn’t have made a difference, I’m just trying to figure out why I’m getting a different number than my dashboard. 

0 Likes

I see 34 5-star and 3 4-star reviews for Mar, April, May.

What Dashboard are you looking at?  Maybe you had 29 orders?

* Is it possible you are looking at the current Star Seller dash, which doesn't include March?  Switch to the previous rating period.

0 Likes

You know, that’s probably it. I didn’t take into consideration that it wasn’t counting March anymore and was showing me June. I’ll chalk it up to my “duh” moment of the day. Lol. At least I haven’t lost the ability to count *face palm*

1 Like

Betreff: Buyers reviewing more than one item?

At the moment there are 29 reviews in total (24 are 5-star reviews) in the current review period April, May, June

0 Likes

@Adorabilities:  I thought only the last day of the month on the CSV was counted towards the next month, not the last few days.  How many days go forward to the following month please?

0 Likes

I am not sure, really, as it's not announced anywhere. I just remember that the month when I actually dug deeper, no orders past the 26th of the month showed up on the appropriate CSV. Maybe things have improved since then. 

0 Likes
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.