roaminate
Conversation Maker

Buyer can’t purchase and Etsy help “contact us” leads to oops page

Jump to solution

I just got this message from a buyer:

”I tried to purchase…but I received an email from Etsy that the order was unable to be completed. I'm not sure if the issue is on my end or your end but any help would be appreciated.”

Etsy help “contact us” leads to an oops page. And the crash report says the site is  working fine. 

I replied saying I will contact them and she may want to try contacting them as well to expedite the process.

How am I supposed to troubleshoot this? This forum is my last resort. 

Labels (1)
Translate to English There was a problem fetching the translation.
0 Likes
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Re: Buyer can’t purchase and Etsy help “contact us” leads to oops page

Jump to solution

I went to check out and everything is working fine. It must be on the buyer's end. Perhaps the card expired.

Edited. If the buyer had it in the cart, have them take it out and then check out. Sometimes there is a glitch with that.

View solution in original post

1 Like

Jump to solution

Be sure she only has items from your shop in her cart. Have her try Buy It Now button if nothing else works. 

1 Like
PotteryUrns
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I just checked and tried Etsy Help and also got the Opsie, then I waited a couple of minutes and tried again and got the box to send a message. I have had it happen before and always when I wait a couple of minutes then I've always got it. Tell her when she gets the box to type a message in to be as specific as possible and that it is a problem placing an order and hopefully she will get a response fairly quick. Tell her if 1st message back doesn't help to keep responding to that message with I Still Need Help and not to start over as that puts her at bottom for replies again.

If it is a problem with her card they aren't allowed to give you any information. She is the one that has to talk to them.

0 Likes
6 Replies

Jump to solution

I went to check out and everything is working fine. It must be on the buyer's end. Perhaps the card expired.

Edited. If the buyer had it in the cart, have them take it out and then check out. Sometimes there is a glitch with that.

1 Like
roaminate
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Thanks for your help! I’ll have her try this now.

1 Like

Jump to solution

Be sure she only has items from your shop in her cart. Have her try Buy It Now button if nothing else works. 

1 Like
PotteryUrns
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

I just checked and tried Etsy Help and also got the Opsie, then I waited a couple of minutes and tried again and got the box to send a message. I have had it happen before and always when I wait a couple of minutes then I've always got it. Tell her when she gets the box to type a message in to be as specific as possible and that it is a problem placing an order and hopefully she will get a response fairly quick. Tell her if 1st message back doesn't help to keep responding to that message with I Still Need Help and not to start over as that puts her at bottom for replies again.

If it is a problem with her card they aren't allowed to give you any information. She is the one that has to talk to them.

0 Likes
roaminate
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Thank you all for your help!

I finally got through the oops pages and was able to start an Etsy help ticket for the issue, thankfully.

I looked at my finances page and I have a strange 20 cent credit for the listing the person tried to purchase. I’ve never seen that happen before.

I hope this gets sorted out soon. Thanks again everyone!

1 Like
BlackCatTheory
Conversation Maker

Jump to solution

Sounds like her payment was declined. She'll need to take it up with her bank. Etsy is not going to tell you anything. She got an email saying it was it was unable to complete .... that is declined payment.

1 Like
You must log in to join this conversation.
Remember that posts are subject to Etsy's Community Policy.